Coronavirus delays?

garmcqui

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, just wondering if the coronavirus outbreak in China will affect shipping and delivery times?

Thanks Andy

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I already contacted DHL two days ago, and they rest-assured that the outbreak had absolutely no impact on their logistics. Also, insufficient stock is mainly due to the New Year's celebrations.

Hi, just wondering if the coronavirus outbreak in China will affect shipping and delivery times?

Thanks Andy

garmcqui

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ah cool. I placed an order 3 days ago, but Aliexpress didn't even send an order confirmation, which I thought was strange. Money has been debited though, so assuming all is good.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not sure I'd want a package handled by a few dozen people in China who may have coughed or sneezed on your order before coming to your door right now...or at least opt for SLOW delivery ha-ha. :nervous: According to health.com, “Flu viruses can survive on hard surfaces (like bus poles) and infect another person for 24 to 48 hours”.
I wonder if the increased social activities surrounding Chinese New Year and lantern festival could have increased the soeed of the spread thus far.