Costco Qsee NVR IP cameras QC8932-16HF-8

Olie

n3wb
Reaction score
I did a quick search based on model number and didn't see any prior questions regarding this set up.

Thoughts ? Concerns ?

This setup would be used at a small commerical business. Hence why I'm looking to utilize this an attempted to save them some vs. Piece it together through Andy.

https://www.costco.com/.product.100474041.html?&EMID=B2C_2019_0408_TechDaysScreenshot_20190408-172025_Chrome.jpg

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome @Olie

I believe those are Dahua OEM products.

Guessing the cameras are related to the Dahua OEM international model IPC-HFW1831xx

Recommend checking the specs and see if they look close and then checking the reviews from members here on the Dahua OEM model.

j.doe

n3wb
Reaction score
Seems no one is selling this model anymore. Hard to be even find reviews. No info on Costco

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Seems no one is selling this model anymore. Hard to be even find reviews. No info on Costco
Hi j.doe and welcome to ipct

Costco security camera kits change every year or so.. sometimes more frequently, so when you see a deal you want to jump on it if that is what you're interested in.
Of course, this also means new kits will come in. In the larger sized kits ( like this one ) they only carry a few at the most.

Try this one, it should be close...

Commercial Grade 4K Ultra HD IP 32 Channel NVR System with 16 Outdoor 4K 8MP IP Metal Cameras – Color Night Vision, 200ft IR, 4K @ 30fps, H.265 – Montavue MTIP8326164KBP | Montavue

j.doe

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi j.doe and welcome to ipct

Costco security camera kits change every year or so.. sometimes more frequently, so when you see a deal you want to jump on it if that is what you're interested in.
Of course, this also means new kits will come in. In the larger sized kits ( like this one ) they only carry a few at the most.

Try this one, it should be close...

Commercial Grade 4K Ultra HD IP 32 Channel NVR System with 16 Outdoor 4K 8MP IP Metal Cameras – Color Night Vision, 200ft IR, 4K @ 30fps, H.265 – Montavue MTIP8326164KBP | Montavue
Thanks Matt. It's EagerBeaver from SD. Thanks for reminding me about this forum.

I already shipped the Costco qsee system to the Dominican Republic. Hopefully going next month for installation.

I am concerned that the qsee 8932 model disappeared from Costco and the qsee site. Wonder if it was defective.

My other concern is that it only has 2 drive bays with spec sheet saying 6tb max each and both bays are occupied with a 4tb purple.

8 or even 12tb is not much for 32x4k. In hindsight more bays are better. I assumed 24 recording is better than motion. I do like the system u linked.

If I could sell the Costco qsee nvr in the DR I wonder if I am better off with something like ....this
Dahua Pro 32 Channel 2U 4K NVR, 8 SATA, HDD Not Included https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GJ84AN4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_N.U6CbMF5S3WG
... for the term

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks Matt. It's EagerBeaver from SD. Thanks for reminding me about this forum.

I already shipped the Costco qsee system to the Dominican Republic. Hopefully going next month for installation.

I am concerned that the qsee 8932 model disappeared from Costco and the qsee site. Wonder if it was defective.

My other concern is that it only has 2 drive bays with spec sheet saying 6tb max each and both bays are occupied with a 4tb purple.

8 or even 12tb is not much for 32x4k. In hindsight more bays are better. I assumed 24 recording is better than motion. I do like the system u linked.

If I could sell the Costco qsee nvr in the DR I wonder if I am better off with something like ....this
Dahua Pro 32 Channel 2U 4K NVR, 8 SATA, HDD Not Included https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GJ84AN4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_N.U6CbMF5S3WG
... for the term
Hi Joe,

Good to see you here.

That Q-see kit is a good Dahua OEM kit - so I would not worry about that. That looks like a good kit.

Also, while the spec states 6TB HDD supported - many people are reporting the Dahua NVRs accepting 8TB and iirc some reported 10TB.

Btw - if you have not, do consider junction boxes for that kit - right now lorex has 25% off and they carry 3 different colors of junction boxes for both 3 screw bases and 4 screw bases ( PFA121 ).

Costco iirc makes deals with vendors to sell products - and they try to keep poor quality products out otherwise they get a lot of returns ( thanks to the Costco return policy ). So Costco is nothing like Fry's was ( back in the day Fry's would carry a lot of garbage - the Fry's buyer was getting kick backs and eventually got caught for it Fry’s exec accused of $65 million fraud to pay off gambling debts – The Mercury News )

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

j.doe

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Joe,

Good to see you here.

That Q-see kit is a good Dahua OEM kit - so I would not worry about that. That looks like a good kit.

Also, while the spec states 6TB HDD supported - many people are reporting the Dahua NVRs accepting 8TB and iirc some reported 10TB.

Btw - if you have not, do consider junction boxes for that kit - right now lorex has 25% off and they carry 3 different colors of junction boxes for both 3 screw bases and 4 screw bases ( PFA121 ).

Costco iirc makes deals with vendors to sell products - and they try to keep poor quality products out otherwise they get a lot of returns ( thanks to the Costco return policy ). So Costco is nothing like Fry's was ( back in the day Fry's would carry a lot of garbage - the Fry's buyer was getting kick backs and eventually got caught for it Fry’s exec accused of $65 million fraud to pay off gambling debts – The Mercury News )
Matt. Found this dahua 32channel for $648. Seems much cheaper than anywhere else. Takes up to 8 drives. Think it's better than the Costco one? Is it a SD?

You are being redirected...

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Matt. Found this dahua 32channel for $648. Seems much cheaper than anywhere else. Takes up to 8 drives. Think it's better than the Costco one? Is it a SD?

You are being redirected...
Hi @j.doe

I don't know the value of that NVR as I normally do not look at higher end models.

I would check with Andy and see what sort of deal he may have on the equivalent.