Could no view the cameras after a factory reset

greenipcam

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I recently installed 4 HikVision cameras (DS-2CD2385FWD-I) and a NVR (DS-7608NI-12). they were all working fine through the console connection, and I decided to do a factory reset on the NVR because i couldn't view the cameras live on the mobile...

anyway, this is the situation I got myself into now:
I am able to login to the NVR, but no live images are showing for any of the cameras
  • when using the "Plug-and-Play" option to connect to the cameras, I'm getting the error: "The user name or the password is wrong"
  • when using the "manual" option to connect, with "use channel default password" checked, I'm getting the error: "The network is unreachable.
- When I run the SADP, from my home network, i can only see the NVR (none of the cameras are found)
- If I plug my PC into the NVR ports, then the SADP could discover all the cameras and the NVR and, notice that all the cameras do not have a gateway specified - and I assume this might be one of the issues?

- So, I tried to add the gateway with the ip configured for the NVR internal network, it prompts: "error 2015, other" after entering the admin password...

I also tried to reset the camera password, but also failed with error: (in Chinese) "Retrieve information failed. Error sending" I read that it needs to connect to the internet to get the xml export to work - not sure if this is true. But I could only export when connecting to the HikVision "internal network"

So, I'm in a catch 22 situation where the camera does not have a default gateway, and I cannot set it either because of either wrong password or not internet connection...

Any suggestions on what I can do from here? Are the camera supposed to have a default gateway? Thanks.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Your question "...notice that all the cameras do not have a gateway specified - and I assume this might be one of the issues?" I think is pretty significant.

Have you tried:
  • Power down NVR.
  • Unplug all cams from NVR.
  • Power up NVR, wait 30 seconds.
  • Plug in cams 1 at a time, allowing time for NVR's DHCP server to assign IP to each cam (if it's going to).

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
when using the "Plug-and-Play" option to connect to the cameras, I'm getting the error: "The user name or the password is wrong"
The cameras when originally added under Plug&Play to the NVR will have had the original NVR password applied to them. Try using that for the camera configuration, in manual mode.

greenipcam

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I have finally got some time to tackle this again.

I managed to reset the camera by using the reset button on the camera (by keeping it pressed while restarting the nvr till I hear the click sound from the camera

So, I'm one step forward now :)

I'm still not getting a gateway ip for the internal network -- strange :(
So, the camera could only be discovered if I loop the internal camera network to the home lan (by connecting the lan switch to one of the the nvr ports)

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
So, the camera could only be discovered if I loop the internal camera network to the home lan (by connecting the lan switch to one of the the nvr ports)
Or just use SADP with the PC connected to an unused NVR PoE port to activate the camera (if not using Plug&Play) and configure its network settings.

greenipcam

n3wb
Reaction score
It looks an user error on my side. After playing with Hik-Connect for a couple of hours. I'm now able to view the images from my phone (via Wifi only at the moment). So I'm wondering if the default gateway is a must in this setup...as I understand the remote access over internet is a slightly different issue

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk