Could someone tell me what the might be problem be?

Sparkey

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Are these crop circles some sort of a reflection? Anyway to get rid of them. Cam is a no name outdoor dome cam with a clear dome and has IR. Might be a HiKVision clone as SDAP picks it up and allows for initial config. Day time pic is excellent. Thanks

PS: ignore the spidey web.

Back Yard 2018-4-28 09.41.20.817 PM.jpg

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Reflection from IR ring? Try cleaning dome again with non-ammonia glass cleaner (Turtle Wax and Amorall make them).
Any missing foam ring around lens under dome?

Sparkey

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Cam is brand new and dome is clean. I have other cams just like this one and they don't show rings. this is the only one that points out into the open. The other 2 are on the front and back porch and they're fine in the dark. Thanks.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
either the foam / rubber ring isn't making contact with the dome or the ir is reflecting off of something else.

Dome cameras are prone to this. Other types of camera perform better.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like you have it too close to the soffit, and the IR is reflecting from that back onto the dome.
Avoid domes outdoors.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Cam is brand new and dome is clean. I have other cams just like this one and they don't show rings. this is the only one that points out into the open. The other 2 are on the front and back porch and they're fine in the dark. Thanks.
Hi Sparkey,

The Dome and/or foam/rubber ring in the dome camera may not have been carefully installed / fitted or QA'ed during manufactoring. As others have mentioned - this is one of the reasons why domes are not preferred given better form factors being available.

Sparkey

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The glass (plastic?) dome is fitted into a thick metal ring and there's a gasket between the metal ring and the body proper. The three security screws align the gasket to the ring and the base. I'll check to see if it got out of place when I put the dome on.

cam22.jpg

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The glass (plastic?) dome is fitted into a thick metal ring and there's a gasket between the metal ring and the body proper. The three security screws align the gasket to the ring and the base. I'll check to see if it got out of place when I put the dome on.

View attachment 29061
you'll generally have more issues with cheap knockoffs like this.

Sparkey

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
For 30 bucks I'm quite pleased with this camera. It's Onvif compatible and the image quality is excellent.

Front Porch 2018-4-30 08.03.10.179 AM.jpg

Sparkey

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thank you sir. I checked and the foam seal is in place as it should be but spotted another possibility. The cam is angled up to the point where the top 2 LED's were beyond the ring. I can see this causing the problem. I'll know this evening. will report back.

Thanks all.

Sparkey

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeppers, I do believe that was the problem. most of it anyways. I have it pointed as low as I want it to go and there's still a ring but at least now if anybody walks past it I'll be able to see them. Nothing illuminated but bare grass but it's pointed at a strategic location. I'll be adding an IR spotlight to augment the cam builtins at a later date.

Back Yard 2018-4-30 09.32.13.992 PM.jpg

SkyLake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If the IR can reflect back into the lens, they pretty much all suffer from this. It is the lens that reflects back into the cover in front of the lens. So good placement of a camera with IR is very critical.

My 5231R-ZE has it, and my SD49225T-HN also. But ONLY if i mount them or position them, so that the IR can reflect back, and when they are zoomed out fully.