Couple of Blue Iris/ Viewing questions

Peter Schumacher

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am currently running Blue Iris successfully. I have 22 4K Lorex Cams. The PC is handling it all with no issues. It stays around 34% CPU usage. I have a couple of different questions.

When viewing the different cams in Blue Iris, can I move them around? The order they are in appear to be fixed.

Anyone have a suggestion for pushing out the screen to multiple monitors? Each monitor would be the same. I was thinking of HDMI out to a splitter than to multiple monitors. I am using Windows 10 and now there are remote viewing, but only one tv at a time.

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am currently running Blue Iris successfully. I have 22 4K Lorex Cams. The PC is handling it all with no issues. It stays around 34% CPU usage. I have a couple of different questions.

When viewing the different cams in Blue Iris, can I move them around? The order they are in appear to be fixed.

Anyone have a suggestion for pushing out the screen to multiple monitors? Each monitor would be the same. I was thinking of HDMI out to a splitter than to multiple monitors. I am using Windows 10 and now there are remote viewing, but only one tv at a time.

Thanks
Yes you can simply drag the cameras around... Right click and ensure drag lock is not selected. Yes and HDMI splitter would be the way to go.

Peter Schumacher

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you, figured out moving the cameras around.

Confirming there is no wireless solution to send the image to multiple monitors? Thanks

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I use a 1x8 HDMI splitter and have been for some time. Was a pain but I ran HDMI to every room in the house so we can see the cameras everywhere.
OREI HD-108 1x8 8 Ports HDMI Powered Splitter for Full HD 1080P & 3D Support (One Input To Eight Outputs) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BTC5S6O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_jN81BbQGJ68BM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Peter Schumacher

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Awesome! Thank you.
You’re welcome! They have a 1x4 version as well. I ran a cable from the 1x8 to my living room TV, then used the 1x4 to split from there into the garage (other side of the wall). Wasn’t sure if the double split signal would work but it did. Audio carries well to all screens too! Wife thinks I’m nuts for having them on all the screens but then she loves it if she’s home alone and hears a noise outside. Lol!

I’m lucky enough that a wireless keyboard/mouse combo reaches most of my house too! So I can tweak BI settings from any room. Using UI3 is still my preferred way to review video though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk