Coyote

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Good image quality. I'm in a populated area too, our neighborhood was built about 40 years ago. I see them at least once a month, usually in pairs. We also see the occasional raccoons, possums, rabbits, and rarely bobcats.

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Doesn't look like he has missed a meal. See a number of them around here also, but the stray cats seem to survive.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Hey, @bigredfish ....you see many wild pigs down in FL?
We have plenty but not in the neighborhood ;)

Usually when we go over to the Merrit Island WR to fish for Reds we see bunches of them. Had one spook me on an early morning coming out of the brush beside me, fortunately he was heading down a path away from the water the opposite direction and didnt pay me any mind. Looked like a 55 gal drum with little legs from behind.

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That is a well fed coyote. I see them every night where I am and they are mostly thin and sadly some mangy. The mange is of concern as it is easily passed to dogs and my rescue Pit hates coyotes and chases them.
But that dude looks like a pet. Nice capture.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
We have plenty but not in the neighborhood ;)

Usually when we go over to the Merrit Island WR to fish for Reds we see bunches of them. Had one spook me on an early morning coming out of the brush beside me, fortunately he was heading down a path away from the water the opposite direction and didnt pay me any mind. Looked like a 55 gal drum with little legs from behind.
My late father was stationed at NAS Whiting Field near Milton, FL from its opening '43 to his discharge in '47 and during the 2nd half of his 8 years of active service in WWII .

He and my mom lived in Bagdad, FL about 10 to 12 miles south of the airfield. I heard MANY stories of him and his Navy buddies leaving a bar at 2 AM, walking home or driving back to the base and coming up on livestock in the road or path. It seems there were no fences and no regulations about the livestock in that section of Florida 75 years ago. And he said they'd come up on all kinds of pigs and hogs along the way, domestic and wild. Some of the wild ones didn't appreciate being surprised or had their babies nearby and were aggressive, he said.

The stories of his service there and when he was stationed in Coco Solo, Panama Canal Zone from '40 to '43 became more colorful and embellished with each telling over the years but I miss hearing them.