CPU 100% - With Intel Quick Sync

Steppi

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys! I have been using BlueIris for more than 2 years, but for a few months now, with the same configuration, I find the PC with 100% cpu. The only way to fix is: BlueIris - Settings - Camera - Encode Hardware -> change from "Intel" to "Intel Beta", after restarting the BlueIris service and everything works fine. so the cpu load is 15-20% .. Then if it happens again I run the process in reverse, then from "Intel Beta" to "Intel" .. In your opinion why?

Setup:
Intel i7 6700K
Ram - 8 gb DDR4 - 2400mhz
SSD 500Gb

Schermata 2021-06-06 alle 14.49.25.png

Steppi

n3wb
Reaction score
One cause might be, as discussed by others with i7-6700’s a change made by Windows update to a graphics device driver. Something about a memory leak.
Ok thanks for your answer! So do you recommend reinstalling the drivers from the intel site? Do you have the discussion link?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Study these:
Wiki

Optimizing Blue Iris's CPU Usage | IP Cam Talk

m_listed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’d also recommend increasing tour RAM, I used to run my BI with 8Gb and found that on occasions it would struggle, increasing it to 12Gb and the problems went away. I now run with 16Gb but in my testing 12Gb was more than enough.
Were you seeing full usage before? How many cams did you have? Asking because I have 8 5MP cameras and I'm only seeing 2.6GB of RAM usage. Blue Iris itself, less than 1GB.

Last edited:

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
screen shots
1) windows task manager process tab sorted by memory (most at the top), Must contain, memory, disk, network, GPU, GPU engine columns
2) Blue iris status (lighting bolt graph,upper left corner) clip storage tab
3) blue Iris status cameras tab

I strongly recommend use 16 GB memory for BI. The windows SO uses memory and the cache and page faulting use memory. Also performance increases when there is a even number of memory slots used on some processors / mother boards.

Also if you are recording video directly to you SSD you may have killed the SSD.