CPU Usage 100%

gfaulk09

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello, I just can't seem to stop this problem from randomly happening. CPU usage is 100% on i9-9900k. I’ve rolled back software updates previously. I’ve stopped windows updates/drivers. And it still happens.. If I stop the service and restart it. My CPU usage will hover around 35% with the console open. With it closed.. it hovers around 25%. Then just over the course of the day. it just creeps up and up..
Restarting the service fixes the issue.. I just want to get it to the point where I don't have to look/monitor it anymore and it just works.. This is a dedicated blue iris build...

Attachments

gfaulk09

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After looking at the numbers.. Of the screenshot I just posted. The disk% is way up.. Could that be the cause?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
If you're using Intel hardware acceleration, shut it off. You don't really provide enough information, like what version of BI, number of cameras, resolution, frame rates, bit rates and iframe rates

gfaulk09

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you're using Intel hardware acceleration, shut it off. You don't really provide enough information, like what version of BI, number of cameras, resolution, frame rates, bit rates and iframe rates
I am using intel hardware acceleration. Im running the latest Blue Iris. 5.0.7.10. running 37 cameras at 1235 MP/s.
Only 2 cameras are running on motion. No overlays.
And turning off hardware acceleration def made it worst.. (immediately)..

Attachments

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Try shutting down a few cameras and keeping acceleration off to see if utilization creeps up without acceleration.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
See the wiki about memory issues'.
Time for a slash and burn? Have you performed a clean install of windows using the MS Media Creator tool?
Do you have all BI folders excluded from ANY antivirus?
Edit: may not be the problem, but you want to set the iFrames to the same as the Frame rates in the camera. You do this IN the cameras setup page, not BI.

gfaulk09

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try shutting down a few cameras and keeping acceleration off to see if utilization creeps up without acceleration.
After rebooting the system the usage did go down.. Now its hovering around 50% with the console close.. Which isn't bad. its just not as low as the 20% that it was at with it on (when it ran correctly)

See the wiki about memory issues'.
Time for a slash and burn? Have you performed a clean install of windows using the MS Media Creator tool?
Do you have all BI folders excluded from ANY antivirus?
Edit: may not be the problem, but you want to set the iFrames to the same as the Frame rates in the camera. You do this IN the cameras setup page, not BI.
I’ve visited the wiki numerous times.. I just can't seem to solve it.
And I have not.. This was a new machine that I built in the beginning of October.. No antivirus on the folders

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
After rebooting the system the usage did go down.. Now its hovering around 50% with the console close.. Which isn't bad. its just not as low as the 20% that it was at with it on (when it ran correctly)

I’ve visited the wiki numerous times.. I just can't seem to solve it.
And I have not.. This was a new machine that I built in the beginning of October.. No antivirus on the folders
Are you using a RDP to view the desktop, or is this with a monitor connected and viewed directly.

erensfd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you checked if hardware acceleration is working properly? You might want to roll back to a previous version of the graphics driver.

Do you stream your cameras on another device either using an app or UI3?

gfaulk09

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you checked if hardware acceleration is working properly? You might want to roll back to a previous version of the graphics driver.

Do you stream your cameras on another device either using an app or UI3?
I use both the UI3 and the app on my iPhone. UI3 is running like 12 hours out the day.. the app is only sparingly used...

And I only remote in when I need to change something in blue iris..

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello, I just can't seem to stop this problem from randomly happening. CPU usage is 100% on i9-9900k. I’ve rolled back software updates previously. I’ve stopped windows updates/drivers. And it still happens.. If I stop the service and restart it. My CPU usage will hover around 35% with the console open. With it closed.. it hovers around 25%. Then just over the course of the day. it just creeps up and up..
Restarting the service fixes the issue.. I just want to get it to the point where I don't have to look/monitor it anymore and it just works.. This is a dedicated blue iris build...
@bp2008 is this the same issue you had with the correct video driver with this chip?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I had a similar problem when I updated to .10. CPU utilization spiked to 100% in about five minutes. I tried everything, only eleven cameras with about 400MPs. I reverted back to .7 and let it stay there overnight. This morning I reapplied .10 and everything is back to normal at about 20% utilization on an i7-6700.

erensfd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I also remember reading about issues when running the computer headless. Have you tried hooking up a monitor to it even if you're not using it?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you headless, if so connect a monitor or use a hdmi dummy plug.
A screen shot of the BI status the camera tab, the complete tab.
a screen shot for the GUI driver information
a screen shot of the windows task manager processes , but with the GPU and GPU engine columns.

Reasearch what other people use for there graphic driver for the I9-9900K
Look at the stats, pick the i7-9900K that are using the intel HW video acceleration, click on each row and get there driver version

gfaulk09

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you headless, if so connect a monitor or use a hdmi dummy plug.
A screen shot of the BI status the camera tab, the complete tab.
a screen shot for the GUI driver information
a screen shot of the windows task manager processes , but with the GPU and GPU engine columns.

Reasearch what other people use for there graphic driver for the I9-9900K
Look at the stats, pick the i7-9900K that are using the intel HW video acceleration, click on each row and get there driver version
I am running headless..im going to connect it to a dummy plug now
Attached screenshot of camera tab
I’ve turned off hardware acceleration so the GPU engine columns are empty..

I’ve never thought about researching what drivers others are using.

Attachments