Creating a monitoring system

Akhi lesh

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I have installed cameras on 3 sites.these cameras are ip.

I need to set up a monitoring system in a specific place which is away from the 3 sites

All 3 sites's nvr is connected to internet.

Can someone suggest me some ideas how can i setup a monitoring system without using VPN or PUBLIC STATIC IP????

There is a plan attached

Attachments

Aengus4h

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm guessing from your words that you have the NVR's exposed directly to the internet via open ports on your router?
If so then they are very likely to become a security breach on the networks at these sites, hence using vpn is the recommended way to go. Your risk tho...

In terms of addressing these sites, you could use a DDNS service and configure each of the local site routers to maintain their ddns registration. You can then use the DDNS name to connect from the remote site and that way you are not having to update the ISP assigned IP address each time it changes, the router will handle keeping the DDNS updated when the IP changes.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How do you connect to the multiple cameras or nvrs to view theough vpn to multiple sites?

I'd like to have my NVR at home record IP cameras at different sites at different ips through vpn. Would a PC allow that with two network cards?