Creators update crashes BI

gski

n3wb
Reaction score
Folks,
I did some prelim searches on the web and in this forum, so forgive me if I missed this somewhere.

I've got BI 4.6.5 installed on a few pc's of mine and also at my parents house.

Their pc got the creators update which crashed BI. Couldn't find any camera's any more.

If there a work around for this particular issue aside from rolling back the update?

Thanks in advance for your assistance

gski

n3wb
Reaction score
Just a little further info. I can still log into each camera via their web page, however, BI, no.

When I rolled back the update, they come back up.

It would appear that Microsoft has changed something affecting the drivers or the streaming, however, I haven't had the opportunity to break it all down to see the who, what where.

gski

n3wb
Reaction score
What do you mean it couldn't find any cameras anymore?
What do you mean it couldn't find any cameras anymore?
Prior to the update, 8 cameras were up and running fine. After the update, all 8 were no longer found by BI. The grey screen as if they no longer exist. Forgive, me, however, I forgot the exact error.

My parent's next door neighbor had the same issue and the rollback resolved their issue also.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Likewise, most people aren't having such an issue. Unfortunately simply not allowing your OS to update ever again is neither easy or wise, so this is something you'll want to fix.

My first suggestion is to reboot if you haven't tried that already.

You say the cameras are still accessible via their web interfaces, but are you attempting this connection from the Blue Iris computer or from some other device?

gski

n3wb
Reaction score
Accessing on same computer via the camera's web ui.

The only thing I have not tried to do is to delete the cameras and re-add. The fact that it's occurred on a couple of different pc's, and that other people had reported a similar issue, just not BI, makes me think that it may have something to do with with a transport update (driver).

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
My main thought is that it could be firewall-related, but if you can reach the cameras from a browser then it would have to be the firewall specifically denying Blue Iris's outbound network access, and that just seems unlikely.

gski

n3wb
Reaction score
Agreed. I did check for driver updates for the cameras and nothing jumps out at me. I'm going to have to gather some more info and see what else I can find.

Time to start digging through logs to see what's causing the issue. More weekend fun!

Thanks for your input, much appreciated.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
My main thought is that it could be firewall-related, but if you can reach the cameras from a browser then it would have to be the firewall specifically denying Blue Iris's outbound network access, and that just seems unlikely.
I seem to remember a Windows 10 update that changed something in the firewall on my system that I had to correct.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I recently dealt with the aftermath of an update that changed a server's network from private to public, which made that server's file shares inaccessible...

gski

n3wb
Reaction score
It may very well be true and I overlooked it, however, I remember being able to access the camera's via that pc. However, the update may have changed app access and I didn't catch it.

I'll have to check it when it occurs again. It would make the most sense and I just missed it.

Thanks!

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah I recently dealt with the aftermath of an update that changed a server's network from private to public, which made that server's file shares inaccessible...
That sounds like what I encountered. The Creators update came out a couple of months ago, I've forgotten a lot since then.