Crossing Zones Add Delay

andd64

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have the 3 zones set up as in the attached screenshot. I have a trigger when any zones get crossed, i.e. A>B, B>A, C>A, A>C, etc. However, the triggers aren't being hit. I'm guessing it's cause of the brick walls in between the zones? Can anyone confirm?

If so, is it possible to add some sort of delay that can happen between zones? If not, is there any way for me to use zones, with the camera set up i have now?

I emailed BI support but haven't heard back from them.

I'm running Blue Iris 4.6.6.0 (paid version).

Thanks!
Andrew

Attachments

BlueWave

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You have it set so BI isn't monitoring parts of your view so from A to C you have it set so BI stops tracking them so when they enter C its like a new person versus a zone crossing. Setup a zone D and cover the entire screen, dont add zone D to your list of zone crossings.

Make sure you watch the YouTube video on zone crossings that explains this much better.

andd64

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks @BlueWave. I gave this a shot but it doesn't work, I'm guessing it's because of the two brick walls. Motion is reset when walking behind those walls. I tried splitting Zone A into multiple zones, and then I do get a trigger when crossing those two zones.

I think what I need is a delay between zones, i.e. if within some X time, there is motion detected between the zones you choose, then a trigger is hit -- basically don't reset motion immediately.

andd64

n3wb
Reaction score
What I did in the meantime is just split each zone into two. It isn't ideal, but it seems to help reduce false alerts.