Cube Cam - Broken Stand 'Knob'

eeeeesh

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I have a couple of these cube cams and the knobs are now cracked (probably from me overtightening them)

Does anyone know where to get a replacement part or use something else that will work?

GR8-723.jpg GR8-724.jpg

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
use something else that will work?
It's a 'standard camera mount' as widely used in photographic work. Though these are not entirely standard, but nearly so.
If you google that or do an eBay search you'll find loads of matches, and very likely something that will match your use case.

eeeeesh

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
It's not the male piece that threads into the back of the cam (I think that is what you guys mean when you say standard camera mount?) It's the plastic 'wing nut' looking thing that you tighten down on the post which in turn locks the ball joint in placeGR8-723.jpg

eeeeesh

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Wow, I don't know how you found that, but I think that will work great! Especially since it has Free Returns

Thanks

eeeeesh

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
With "Free Returns" how can you go wrong? Ordered both types, will return the ones that I don't think will work. Thx

eeeeesh

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Update - received both types of stands today. Both types will work great with my Hik Cube Cam. The only thing negative I would have to say about the fixed base stand is that it appears to be designed to actually be screwed into something. The standard Hik Cube Cam Stand has a weighted metal piece in the bottom of the stand, so you can just sit it on top of something. The fixed 'Fastsnail' stands do not have the weight and may be a little tippy if used in the same manner, but it would be pretty easy to just add some sort of weight like the factory Hik stand