Cube Cameras not seen by Hikvision NVR

nowandthen

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I just received a DS-2CD2432F-IW cube camera.

I plugged it into my Hikvision DS-7608NI-SE/8P NVR. After many minutes, nothing. NVR software version is 3.0.10 build 141125.

I have 3 Hikvision bullets and 1 Hikvison EXIR Turret. All pop up after a minute or two.

Looking at the manual it says I must activate the camera with a strong password. Is that why it doesn't show up?

I run my PC on 192.168.2... so I assume that is why the cube camera at 192.168.1.64 is not seen by SADP when I plug the camera (powered by external 12V DC supply) into my computer.

I tried changing my computer IP to 192.168.1.X so I can see the cube camera. But still no luck.

Never had a Hikvision camera be so much trouble.

Maybe I have a defective camera?

Thanks for any insight offered.

Last edited by a moderator:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Provided the camera is on the same LAN as the PC running SADP it should be visible to SADP, it works across different network segments / IP address ranges.
But it won't see the camera if it is plugged in to the NVR PoE ports, by default there is no network routing to them from the LAN.
Suggestion to try:
Plug the camera into the same switch / router that the PC running SADP is connected to.
Power on the camera from the 12v supply.
Watch the switch / router port lights - typically would be on for a second or so, off for a second or so, then stay on with some intermittent flashing.
Normally at this point SADP would show visibility, at which point the IP address and the activation status should be visible.
What is the current capability rating of the 12v PSU?
If that does not work, an alternative test would be to plug the camera into an NVR PoE port, and also plug the PC into an NVR PoE port and try SADP. At this point it doesn't matter what the PC IP address is, though to match the default PoE address range you could set it to, say, 192.168.254.100
If SADP shows your other cameras OK, then that confirms your setup is working.
But if that doesn't show your new camera either - I'd suspect the camera.

nowandthen

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thank you for the very detailed troubleshooting instructions.

I plugged my PC into one of the ports on the back of the Hikvision NVR. SADP immediately saw my four existing cameras.

I plugged in the cube camera and gave it a few minutes. It never showed up. No activity on the LEDs on the back of the NVR.

Appears to be a bad camera. Will send it back. Thank you again!