D-ViewCam now supports attaching ONVIF cameras

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by computemike, May 1, 2018.

Share This Page

1. computemike

computemike n3wb

I bought a D-Link DCS-4622 fisheye camera, which I'm happy with, but couldn't get the included D-ViewCam DCS-100 management software to work with non-D-Link cameras. Fortunately, version 4.2.1 of D-ViewCam got posted as a download at support.dlink.com on 4/19/18, and when adding a camera ONVIF is now a vendor/model option.

That lets me control a Hikvision PTZ camera with D-ViewCam as follows: in the Hikvision camera options turn on Network>Advanced Settings>Integration Protocol>"Enable ONVIF", and create a user name and password. When adding the camera in D-ViewCam, use the same name and password, Protocol "HTTP", Vendor "ONVIF" and Model "ONVIF".

Hikvision iVMS-4200 restricts me to Hikvision devices (although I have plans to create a virtual device with a Hikvision API that allows a non-Hikvision camera to be attached), so iVMS-4200 isn't (yet) suitable to control a mix of camera brands, but now D-ViewCam will do the job. I was previously trying to use iSpy for my mix, but I find D-ViewCam to be less klunky and more polished.