Dahau Camera does not work with POE

pad

n3wb
Reaction score
My new Dahua NVR is a NVR4108-8P-4KS2 with POE. I also have two never installed cameras bought in 2018. I am setting up the camera system inside my house before I mount them outside. The HFW53231EP-Z5E works fine with the NVR. The HDW5231R-ZE only works if I connect up external power. I have swapped both the cables and the ports on the NVR but it does not help. Is the camera defective? I would greatly appreciate any troubleshooting suggestions. Many thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My new Dahua NVR is a NVR4108-8P-4KS2 with POE. I also have two never installed cameras bought in 2018. I am setting up the camera system inside my house before I mount them outside. The HFW53231EP-Z5E works fine with the NVR. The HDW5231R-ZE only works if I connect up external power. I have swapped both the cables and the ports on the NVR but it does not help. Is the camera defective? I would greatly appreciate any troubleshooting suggestions. Many thanks.
Most likely bad cables or crimps. Did you make your own cables? if so did you use the 568B standard? You cannot simply match the ends.
Did you test with a short premade cable?

pad

n3wb
Reaction score
Most likely bad cables or crimps. Did you make your own cables? if so did you use the 568B standard? You cannot simply match the ends.
Did you test with a short premade cable?
I used pre made (store-bought) cables and tried 3 different short cables - none worked. The cables work fine for the one camera but will not work for the other camera unless I hook up power.