Dahau PTZ control...

msp116

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just got a Dahau DH-SD59430U-HNI so far it a great camera even though its LOUD VERY LOUD when running its tour....the other issue is the PTZ control is very "wonky" in BI I.E. sometimes clicking direction or zoom is immediate and sometimes there is a serious delay.....I have tried different camera protocols, but no luck. I use the auto detect feature and the camera is listed a generic and assigns ONVIF protocol to camera. It doesnt appear to be a network issue because I still have a Panasonic WV-SC PTZ and have no issues with it. Does anyone have any suggestions? Also why cant BI integrate the click and drag box into the software its one of the best features of the Dahau and Panasonic software....Tks for all the help.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
if you use SmartPSS does it have the same problem? this should help isolate if the problem is within BlueIris or something external.

My Big black face Dahua will get a bit laggy w/the PTZ controls if I enable all the features and crank the quality up to max, but after disabling some options I didnt need and lowering the bitrate slightly; the responsiveness, and predictability of a click went back to normal.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Just got a Dahau DH-SD59430U-HNI so far it a great camera even though its LOUD VERY LOUD when running its tour....the other issue is the PTZ control is very "wonky" in BI I.E. sometimes clicking direction or zoom is immediate and sometimes there is a serious delay.....I have tried different camera protocols, but no luck. I use the auto detect feature and the camera is listed a generic and assigns ONVIF protocol to camera. It doesnt appear to be a network issue because I still have a Panasonic WV-SC PTZ and have no issues with it. Does anyone have any suggestions? Also why cant BI integrate the click and drag box into the software its one of the best features of the Dahau and Panasonic software....Tks for all the help.
Have you selected onvif in the ptz dropdown? if so, email support...you will likely need to provide access to the camera..

msp116

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I didnt select it I used Find/Inspect it did it automatically....

msp116

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
When using smart PSS it works almost perfectly....telling me that BI has something to do with it.....the PTZ protocol listed in PSS is DH-SD1 I cannot find that in BI?

TheSuperServer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
PTZ works up/dn/left/right but these controls don't. Is there a fix?

Semper Gumby

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got this from somebody on the SD49225T-HN post. :

"If you have the HN model, in BI under the cams properties go video/configure/ and click Find/inspect button. Then go to your PTZ/CONTROL tab and confirm you have ONVIF (OXML) selected as the protocol . Then ALL your arrows will work, even the Diagonal ones. NOTE: you must have ONVIF enabled in your cameras web UI."

Semper Gumby

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ONVIF is enabled in the WebUI but under PTZ control tab there is no ONVIF setting. I have Blue Iris 4
Update: with the latest 4.5.1.5 BI update the home button will now go to preset 1. BUT, instead of the ONVIF/ (OXML) PTZ protocol use now the Dahua/Q-see RTSP PTZ setting. I can confirm all the arrows in BI now fuction and the Home button will go to preset 1.

TheSuperServer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Update: with the latest 4.5.1.5 BI update the home button will now go to preset 1. BUT, instead of the ONVIF/ (OXML) PTZ protocol use now the Dahua/Q-see RTSP PTZ setting. I can confirm all the arrows in BI now fuction and the Home button will go to preset 1.
Thanks that works great on my SD49225T-HN but neither of those 2 options work on my SD59230U-HNI

Semper Gumby

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks that works great on my SD49225T-HN but neither of those 2 options work on my SD59230U-HNI
On this thread(under IPCams and Dahua) they are talking about a similar issue: "SD59230U-HNI PTZ trying to test before installation"

TheSuperServer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
With this new update 4.8.4.2 I no longer can control my PTZ SD59230U-HNI. None of the arrows work. The presets still work.