Dahua 2.8mm recommendation low light

RainerT

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,
I am replacing some older 1080P Dahua starlights i got 6-7 years ago from the awesome Andy.
I have not been up to speed with the newer cameras.
From what I read the 4k Ultra Low Light Full-Color 4K, 8MP Smart AI Bullet IP Camera IPC-Color4K-X is a great choice.
But I still don’t think/know it can be better than IR. Any info on 4k 8mp IR vs full color will be apreciated.
I understand 1/1.2” CMOS is the way to go if you want 4k but I prefer a turret camera and only see the bulet one for sale.
I want the latest and the greatest Low Light,4k 8mp, and if full color is as good as IR I can try one first.
Thank You

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A couple of threads just this week asking similar.

Basically if you don't have ambient light or do not want to use the built-in white LED of the 4K/X or T then go with the 5442 series that can see infrared as the 4K doesn't see infrared. Latest and greatest does you no good if your situation doesn't allow it to perform at its potential. The 5442 series is still a highly recommended camera.

RainerT

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
A couple of threads just this week asking similar.

Basically if you don't have ambient light or do not want to use the built-in white LED of the 4K/X or T then go with the 5442 series that can see infrared as the 4K doesn't see infrared. Latest and greatest does you no good if your situation doesn't allow it to perform at its potential. The 5442 series is still a highly recommended camera.

Thanks,
SO there is no 4k IR model?
What 5442 mode do you recommend “turret” with fixed lens. Andy’s amazon store does not have a fixed 2.8 5442 model.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

RainerT

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is this Andy’s store? I preffer to give my money to him since he has personally helped me in the past.
Nope due to the sensor size, the good 4K on the 1/1.2" sensors do not have IR. You can get cheaper quality 4K on the same sensor as a 2MP with IR but nobody would recommend that MP/sensor ratio.

I am seeing the 5442 2.8mm turret on Amazon:

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep that is Andy's store, but you can DM him directly to order straight from him and skip the Amazon middle man and probably save a few bucks in the process!

RainerT

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yep that is Andy's store, but you can DM him directly to order straight from him and skip the Amazon middle man and probably save a few bucks in the process!
Cool.
Still have him on skype.
Thanks