Dahua 4 Megapixel WDR Motorized Varifocal PoE IR Bullet

Mike K

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Spotted this cam on amazon but one of th reviews is very bad. see below. is there any explanation for that other than the the camera is just deficient?

Dahua 4 Megapixel WDR Motorized Varifocal PoE IR Bullet Network Security Camera, IP67 Outdoor Weatherproof Vandalproof, 4MP (2592x1520), IPC-HFW4431R-Z (2.7mm~12mm)

by Dahua
4.1 out of 5 stars 4 customer reviews
| 10 answered questions

review by other:
Verified Purchase
I have contacted the seller on a issue I have with the auto adjustment with the night-vision (IR) I bought this camera with the understanding it has a long IR range. It really does and it lights up the night for sure. That being said, In the auto mode it will not adjust the IR and washes everything out. You will turn into a light being. You would not be able to recognize a face or a person even 15 feet away from the camera. I had to use the manual mode and turn the IR down to 4 to be able to see anything. If I knew this I would have not bought this camera. At this setting I might have left my old camera in place because the ir setting is about the same. In order to get the auto IR to adjust you have to be about 1 foot in front of the camera and since I have it mounted on my house this setup is no good for me.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Spotted this cam on amazon but one of th reviews is very bad. see below. is there any explanation for that other than the the camera is just deficient?

Dahua 4 Megapixel WDR Motorized Varifocal PoE IR Bullet Network Security Camera, IP67 Outdoor Weatherproof Vandalproof, 4MP (2592x1520), IPC-HFW4431R-Z (2.7mm~12mm)

by Dahua
4.1 out of 5 stars 4 customer reviews
| 10 answered questions

review by other:
Verified Purchase
I have contacted the seller on a issue I have with the auto adjustment with the night-vision (IR) I bought this camera with the understanding it has a long IR range. It really does and it lights up the night for sure. That being said, In the auto mode it will not adjust the IR and washes everything out. You will turn into a light being. You would not be able to recognize a face or a person even 15 feet away from the camera. I had to use the manual mode and turn the IR down to 4 to be able to see anything. If I knew this I would have not bought this camera. At this setting I might have left my old camera in place because the ir setting is about the same. In order to get the auto IR to adjust you have to be about 1 foot in front of the camera and since I have it mounted on my house this setup is no good for me.
It's not the starlight tech, therefore crap lol, nayr has posted comparison pics between a 4mp dahua and the 2mp starlight

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Mike K

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's not the starlight tech, therefore crap lol, nayr has posted comparison pics between a 4mp dahua and the 2mp starlight
So therefor the starlighte version IR works well with the auto focus?

Did you buy one of the Starlight series cams?

Last edited:

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
So therefor the starlighte version IR works well with the auto focus?

Did you buy one of the Starlight series cams?
there is a huge thread here about the new starlight turret cameras done by nayr, check it out, lots of comparisons with other cameras and stuff. I did buy one, it should be here next week, but there are more than enough examples in that thread. the 4mp cams look horrible in low light.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you turn off Auto Aperture or something? thats what helps it adapt quickly up close. Have you tried resetting the camera to defaults and trying again?

Its not SmartIR that helped my face stay exposed; it was the auto iris..