Dahua 4433C dropping

Reaction score
I have a fairly new camera (Dahua DH-IPC-HDW4433C-A) that has been in operation about 3 weeks ago. Have observed no issues until yesterday when it seems to drop out about once per minute or so. I monitored in Blue Iris and the attached ( Black screen saying RESOURCE IS LIMITED, OPEN VIDEO FAILED!) is what appears when it drops. Is that a failing camera? Any other troubleshooting I could do?

Attachments

Reaction score
Ok so when I connected to the camera and watched both BI and the cam they were both dropping. I noticed that the time overlay was not advancing, so the time was just frozen on the web browser camera view. I also noticed that the network interface on that machine was running around 9.8mb which was about 20 some mb too low for all 9 cams. I unplugged the Powerline Ethernet that I use and left it for a minute and that was the fix. I have this in place only (I know its a crappy solution) because when I built the house I wired all the cat 5 to a central location, the POE switch is there and as time went on things changed and my BI machine is now in a different location in the house and that was the easiest way to get the IP to the BI server. So now I know..... thanks for the help

John

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
My experience with powerline networking is that it sucks and you should try something else. Homes often have coax through the walls for cable/satellite TV. You can use this for 100 Mbps ethernet, if you buy cheap directv DECA (ethernet to coax) adapters: http://amzn.com/B01AYMGPIO These are much more reliable than powerline gear. But of course it requires you to already have the cable in a useful place.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I do have coax to my office, I will definitely look at these - thanks for the link
Do yourself a favor pay someone to run new cable in the wall, it will be done right and save a lot of hassle in the future. This is your primary line running your cameras to your NVR.

Reaction score
Just a followup, I bought the ethernet over coax adapter, been running that since Wednesday. I noticed that the throughput on that link went from 28-33mb using powerline to 44-46mb with the DeCA adapter. Fenderman, I had a cable guy come in yesterday and the situation of my office is such that 3 walls lie on top of concrete, the remaining wall is mostly a closet, we might can get cable down to the basement via the closet but I'd have to then run the cable around the room some way to the switch....

So now, in BI runbning on my iPAD over wifi I can now see motion on multiple camera angles with no stutters. The other thing I noticed is that the clock overlay on each cam is updating in near real time so I believe I have a much better connection now. I applied all of the recommended optimizations in the guide I found here also making the PC running BI less stressed.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Another followup - So its been 2 weeks. Have not seen any dropouts or any problems with the DECA adapter. Its been pushing camera streams non stop for 2 weeks. Thanks for the advice!