Dahua 49225T-HN Installation

Semper Gumby

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It’s been warm here in upstate NY, so I was able install my 49225T-HN today. It is installed on the side of my shed with 8 inch lag bolts. Ran the Ethernet cable up through the soffit so I did not have to make a hole in the side of the shed. Pretty simple and it is up and running.

Attachments

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sweet install. Have the 59225T-HNI on the way. Looking forward to playing with it.

Got my NVR5208 and the HDBW5231R-Z today. The weather has been excellent.

I'm in Syracuse.

SD

Semper Gumby

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sweet install. Have the 59225T-HNI on the way. Looking forward to playing with it.

Got my NVR5208 and the HDBW5231R-Z today. The weather has been excellent.

I'm in Syracuse.

SD
You are up the road from me, I'm in Herkimer. I did not expect to install it so soon, but the weather has been warm, so I got it done. I was playing with it this morning and zoomed in on a bird about 200-300 years behind my house. It was a robing first one I saw this year.

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Why not install it right on the corner, so you could turn the camera to look along the face of the garage also?

Brian Martin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Still have mine on the bench test and it is running great. Getting ready to hang it this weekend. If anyone is looking for the junction box PFA120 mount I found B&H Photo had it in stock . $13.00 WOOHOO. Shipping UPS ground was $3.00

I thought I was going to be able to use another junction box mount I had but the bolt holes were slightly off. Tried a few other options and nothing else was going to give a clean install and protection for the wires.

Semper Gumby

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Why not install it right on the corner, so you could turn the camera to look along the face of the garage also?
Good question. When you look at the picture of the outside of the shed, it looks like I could move it over another few inches. But inside the shed, it was as far left as I could get. The shed does have 3 more cameras installed, one inside, one on the left above the PTZ and one on the right side of the shed.

Attachments

Brian Martin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good question. When you look at the picture of the outside of the shed, it looks like I could move it over another few inches. But inside the shed, it was as far left as I could get. The shed does have 3 more cameras installed, one inside, one on the left above the PTZ and one on the right side of the shed.
corner bracket PFA151 | Dahua Technology

Semper Gumby

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Still have mine on the bench test and it is running great. Getting ready to hang it this weekend. If anyone is looking for the junction box PFA120 mount I found B&H Photo had it in stock . $13.00 WOOHOO. Shipping UPS ground was $3.00

I thought I was going to be able to use another junction box mount I had but the bolt holes were slightly off. Tried a few other options and nothing else was going to give a clean install and protection for the wires.
Does that fit the HDW 5231R-Z turret?

Brian Martin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If your handy go grab a piece of steel plate from the store put it in a vise and hammer away. Blow torch , 5 lb hammer and a six pack !
Card board template for bolt pattern and drill it. Oh ya another six pack for riling is required.

Local machine shops will have a metal brake and can bend it for you if you have no upper body strength!

Semper Gumby

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If your handy go grab a piece of steel plate from the store put it in a vise and hammer away. Blow torch , 5 lb hammer and a six pack !
Card board template for bolt pattern and drill it. Oh ya another six pack for riling is required.

Local machine shops will have a metal brake and can bend it for you if you have no upper body strength!
I think I would need 3 six packs and a couple of shooters of Tequila.

Brian Martin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Received the mount last night for my HN . It comes with a water proof gasket for the rear, gasket to go between the camera mount and junction box , stainless screws, and a allen wrench. The cable ports are 1/2 diameter . Thought you guys may want to see some pictures of it before it goes up this weekend. IMG_5085.JPG IMG_5086.JPG

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I miss upstate NY. My wife's from Herkimer.