Dahua 4K outside image

Zxel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you purchase your Dahua IPC-HF81200E in the U.S, seeing them on Aliexpress and Alibaba for under $500, and at that price I want one!

Anything about the camera you dislike?

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I ordered mine from China. No one is US that I know is selling them yet. I can order more for anyone if they want one for around 400 plus shipping but it won't be immediate shipping. The 7fps is the only downfall and you need an expensive 4K nvr to record it in 4K

Zxel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I ordered mine from China. No one is US that I know is selling them yet. I can order more for anyone if they want one for around 400 plus shipping but it won't be immediate shipping. The 7fps is the only downfall and you need an expensive 4K nvr to record it in 4K
It does have 2 sub-streams available though, so it looks like you could back down one of the streams for an inexpensive DVR and use a PC (with BI) to do the 4k. Of course you'll need a 4K monitor to really see it.

Can you post a picture with it zoomed in - curious to see how it does. I also just noticed it's an analog camera - are they planning to have an IP version?

Zxel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK, I'm confused. On the Dahua website it says it has a bnc video connector, yet I'm seeing listings for it as an IP camera. Could you enlighten me?

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You can record it at any resolution that your machine is capable of. I was recording it at 3mp on a Dahua NVR. I sold that camera I had and the guy who bought it let me log into it so that's his neighborhood. Analog? I don't think so, LMAO.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The one I had did not have a BNC connector.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Where do you see BNC? I can't find it

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Its in the specs [FONT=segoe_uiregular]1 channel BNC(1.0Vp-p,75Ω)
[/FONT]
I have seen this on some ip cameras like the hikvision 2732...its not on the pigtail but inside the cam when you take the dome off...i think its there for aiming and focusing with at standard analog portable monitor..

Zxel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The more I'm reading about this camera the more I like it, SD card slot up to 128GB, audio in/out, excellent low light sensitivity, alarm input/output...

Did you have to get the lense seperate? Does it support motorized zoom/focus (because it looks like it does)?

Sorry for all the questions, this comes at a perfect time or me, I'm selling my logitech 750e's for more than that costs (can you believe it - they're selling for a fortune right now).

It is way overkill for my use but at the price I find it irresistable.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You will still need to add your own IR light...and an enclosure to use this cam outdoors...hopefully @vector18 can get us a night shot..

Last edited by a moderator:

Zxel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You will still need to add your own IR light...and an enclosure to use this cam outdoors...hopefully @vector18 can get us a night shot..
Yuppers, but at the price for this camera I can do that no sweat. IR illuminators are inexpensive (I have several already) and an enclosure can't be that expensive - I'll build my own from scratch if needed (or plead with @DaveP to make me one, should fit in great with his crazy mad projects - lol). :D

Seriously this camera is at a price point that is VERY attractive. A night shot would be awesome - like to see if it lives up to its low light specs.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Are we talking about the same model? This camera has IR's and why would you put it in an enclosure? I will log in tonight and see how it looks at night and post it.

Attachments

Zxel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
LOL, looks like we are talking about 2 different cameras (which explains the price point). Can you post back the exact model number?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
LOL, looks like we are talking about 2 different cameras (which explains the price point). Can you post back the exact model number?
Yes see the above post...the 4800e does not have audio or sd card slot...

Zxel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well I like the IPC-HF81200E features far more than the 4800e, especially since they even cost less (like how is that even possible?). Now I'm going to have to peruse the internet for some pics from it because I'm really liking the specs and prices I'm seeing on the IPC-HF81200E. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Well I like the IPC-HF81200E features far more than the 4800e, especially since they even cost less (like how is that even possible?). Now I'm going to have to peruse the internet for some pics from it because I'm really liking the specs and prices I'm seeing on the IPC-HF81200E. :cool:
If low light is a priority then consider the hikvision DS-2CD6026FHWD yes it is only 2mp, but its should be way better in low light than the dahua-there are some samples on youtube of the hikvision darkfighter technology.....it is more expensive though and you need to buy the lens separately...you may also have to do that on the dahua...or you can just get the 1400 bosch that networkcameracritic reviewed....

Zxel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Low light is not a super high priority, what attracted me to the IPC-HF81200E is the sd card and audio with 4K resolution under $500. I'm not going to replace all my cameras with this - I would only do 1 or 2 of them (if they pan out).

I've decided to take your earlier advice and get 2mp hikvision cameras for the bulk of replacements (which is really easy on the budget as an added bonus) and that ION DVR over at Nelly's as a hidden recorder to balance the lack of a SD card (it is just so darn inexpensive and 1080p recording is fine - also fine it can't currently do motion detection with the hik's, I'll be doing continuous recording anyway).

But since we were talking about two different cameras above I still need to find out if the camera is an IP camera (remember the bnc) and other particulars before deciding (I have research to do). If it is an analog camera I may still be tempted to do it anyway (although I don't look forward to running the cables for it) if it can stay within the budget. I know everybody loathes analog cameras but there is the advantage of no lag time (at least that is what I'll tell myself - lol).

I have alot more research to do before pulling the trigger on anything. :cool: