Dahua 4mp DOME camera: resource is limited open video failed

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This camera is brand new, had it a couple weeks. It has worked just fine until today.

I can be logged into the web view on the IE browser and when I click "main stream" I get the error
resource is limited, open video failed

Now if I click on the "sub stream" it works just fine on the web view on IE.
But, It also shows up fine on my 16ch Dahua NVR, BUT if I double click the image on the Dahua NVR to make it full screen, it stays black, it will not load anything. It seems that it pulls the sub stream when the Dahua NVR is split into 2/4/8/16 camera views, but in full screen it's trying to pull the "main stream" Also, It is setup as RECORDING on the NVR, but when you go to play back video, it says there is none. (because since the main stream isn't working, it's not truly recording)

My other 2 cameras are working fine. I have done everything but factory reset the camera, don't really wanna have to redo my settings lol
It's setup in 1080 mode, tried other modes still no go on this camera. I've rebooted router, POE switch, camera, NVR, etc. Any ideas? I only found a couple things online mentioning my error: resource is limited open video failed

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You need to lower your bit rate on the main stream. What do you have it set up as?

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You need to lower your bit rate on the main stream. What do you have it set up as?
It was 6144, now 1792 CBR, and had VBR, etc. 15fps (same settings on other 2 cameras, they are 4mp turrets and not a 4mp dome)

But something is up, because even with the NVR off and connected to only the 1 camera, it gives that error on the main stream. Which I had no problem with at all before today, no matter what the bitrate was. This never happened until today after setting up my new NVR. (which it worked fine at first, then all of a sudden the main stream doesn't work)

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just did a factory reset, fixed it. I guess it's one of those odd glitches.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, thanks. It was one of those things where I suspected it was only fixed by a factory reset, but I didn't want to put the effort into fixing all my settings again. So I ended up going out of my way to chase down a fix that doesn't exist besides a factory reset. HAHA, life. :p

zimanux

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks but this does not resolve my issue., i have a
IPC-HDW1320S that was on port 1 channel 1 and 2 and now it only is assigned to Channel 3 and 6 and named CAM3 ? i wish Dahua DHCP was configurable , do you know if we can access this via ssh?

vyolette

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks but this does not resolve my issue., i have a
IPC-HDW1320S that was on port 1 channel 1 and 2 and now it only is assigned to Channel 3 and 6 and named CAM3 ? i wish Dahua DHCP was configurable , do you know if we can access this via ssh?

I have the same cam and am having some weird network issues with it. It worked great indoors for a few weeks. I've unplugged it several times and sometimes it will work ok (but then die off) other times it won't even make it that far. *sigh*

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
tarek, please start a new thread and provide details of the specific issue you are having, including the hardware and software involved.