Dahua 5231 or 4/6/8231's

Rhodesy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Got mine off Andy recently, and just when I'm installing I notice it's encode mode is H.64H.
Should I be adjusting to H.265?

Any other tips are also welcome:)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Got mine off Andy recently, and just when I'm installing I notice it's encode mode is H.64H.
Should I be adjusting to H.265?
According to the thread "4.6.9 - January 31, 2018 H.265 hardware decoding added" :

• Your CPU must be able to support H.265 acceleration. It must be Intel 6th generation (Skylake) or newer, with Quick Sync support.
  • Your version of Blue Iris must be 4.6.9 or later
  • No outboard graphics card should be installed and in use; onboard (motherboard) graphics must not be disabled in the BIOS

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
According to the thread "4.6.9 - January 31, 2018 H.265 hardware decoding added" :

• Your CPU must be able to support H.265 acceleration. It must be Intel 6th generation (Skylake) or newer, with Quick Sync support.
  • Your version of Blue Iris must be 4.6.9 or later
  • No outboard graphics card should be installed and in use; onboard (motherboard) graphics must not be disabled in the BIOS
I don't believe it's working... But 265 will work without acceleration

Rhodesy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks guys,

I set the cameras up directly using their web service.
I cannot tell any difference. Maybe it's improved memory, maybe not.

Having a slight problem with Zoom & Focus though.
Regards the speed 1, 5, 20, I usually enjoy 5 best as 20 is too much and 1 too little.

However there is no "save" button so whilst I can select 5, as soon as I leave the page it reverts to 20. Useless for setting up.

Can anyone help?

ps, Latest firmware installed.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks guys,

I set the cameras up directly using their web service.
I cannot tell any difference. Maybe it's improved memory, maybe not.

Having a slight problem with Zoom & Focus though.
Regards the speed 1, 5, 20, I usually enjoy 5 best as 20 is too much and 1 too little.

However there is no "save" button so whilst I can select 5, as soon as I leave the page it reverts to 20. Useless for setting up.

Can anyone help?

ps, Latest firmware installed.
The varifocal is not designed to be enjoyed. It is used for the initial camera setup only.

Rhodesy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The varifocal is not designed to be enjoyed. It is used for the initial camera setup only.
But my original 5231 used to allow the zoom to be set at 1 or 5. So why has this changed I wonder?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
But my original 5231 used to allow the zoom to be set at 1 or 5. So why has this changed I wonder?
you are mistaken, there were never any presets..if you mean the speed, who cares, its not meant to be used a daily zoom.

Rhodesy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
you are mistaken, there were never any presets..if you mean the speed, who cares, its not meant to be used a daily zoom.
I care, it was a great function that did work. If they have it, why not let us use it.