Dahua 888888 account not known and admin is locked.

Reaction score
I have a Dahua HCVR5108H-S2 as well as Dahua NVR4416-16P (not newer 4K version) purchased brand new a while back but never used. I installed a hard drive, tested for a few minutes, and then put it back in the box until now.

Now I try to set these up but when I try to login to these units from a web browser with the user 888888 and password 888888 I get the error: "The account does not exist!" I can login with this user and password with a mouse and monitor directly to the unit but it does not let me change the admin password without entering the old one, but I can not recall the original admin passwords and the standard ones don't seem to work. I was going to try the process that starts with removing the battery, but the battery is not in a socket and would need soldering work to remove.

What can I do to gain remote access to my units? They're kind of pointless without it.

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
888888 is local access only... you may need to do a factory reset of some sort to put admin back to default password. you can try backing up your current config to make the re-setup easier

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
@Bitslizer Get the points here, The 888888 account will definitly NOT work for remote management, and Dahua had tightened that up further with the ability to change that password to a much stronger length. Pop a monitor direct on the nvr and log on that way, your 888888 might work then if you did not change it.

Reaction score
I got the NVR4416 to work and was able to set an admin password and even update the firmware to a 2017 version.

The issue is now only with HCVR5108H-S2. I am able to login through the console with user/password 888888 but I can not reset the admin password because it is asking to confirm the current admin password.