Dahua - active deterrence

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I haven't seen a review of that 5MP model yet. The 4MP model is quickly becoming popular here because it seems to have the best low-light performance for the price. The low-light spec (minimum illumination) of the 5MP model you're looking at is 0.005 lux which IMO isn't bad, but the 4MP min illumination comes in at .002 lux which is a bit better.

I'm using the Active Deterrence (set to filter for people and/or vehicles) and it's been almost perfect for me. Much fewer false alerts than when using IVS tripwire or intrusion zones.

The forum here has an excellent resource for buying Dahua. His name is Andy (@EMPIRETECANDY) and he has a store on AliExpress or you can email him directly. He has sold thousands of cameras to folks here and has a great reputation. Check out his sub-forum in the Vendors area. He sells the OEM version of Dahua equipment, which is genuine, just doesn't have the Dahua logo on it. As an OEM reseller, he will be responsible for support and warranty. OEM resellers often use slightly different model numbers, so don't be alarmed if you notice that on his site.

Here's a review to the 4MP version of the camera you are looking at:
Review-OEM 4mp AI Cam IPC-T5442TM-AS Starlight+
[/S]

Edit: I got my models mixed up, see further below.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't seen a review of that 5MP model yet. The 4MP model is quickly becoming popular here because it seems to have the best low-light performance for the price. The low-light spec (minimum illumination) of the 5MP model you're looking at is 0.005 lux which IMO isn't bad, but the 4MP min illumination comes in at .002 lux which is a bit better.

I'm using the Active Deterrence (set to filter for people and/or vehicles) and it's been almost perfect for me. Much fewer false alerts than when using IVS tripwire or intrusion zones.

The forum here has an excellent resource for buying Dahua. His name is Andy (@EMPIRETECANDY) and he has a store on AliExpress or you can email him directly. He has sold thousands of cameras to folks here and has a great reputation. Check out his sub-forum in the Vendors area. He sells the OEM version of Dahua equipment, which is genuine, just doesn't have the Dahua logo on it. As an OEM reseller, he will be responsible for support and warranty. OEM resellers often use slightly different model numbers, so don't be alarmed if you notice that on his site.

Here's a review to the 4MP version of the camera you are looking at:
Review-OEM 4mp AI Cam IPC-T5442TM-AS Starlight+
Note the 4mp model is not active deterrence. It has AI but no way of flashing the led or sounding its own alarm.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Note the 4mp model is not active deterrence. It has AI but no way of flashing the led or sounding its own alarm.
Crap, I was thinking Perimeter Protection, thanks for catching that. :banghead:

@MollyN, here's a review of the 2MP version of the model you're looking at.

spenser911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I work for a smaller distributor here in the USA, we brought in a good amount of these and they have been selling pretty well. This particular unit is one of my current favorites from the Dahua Lineup great image quality,great low light performance, and AI + 2 Way Audio built in to top it off. If Andy doesn't take care of you PM me and we can work something out.

Dahua IPC-HDW5541H-AS-PV

Does anyone have experience with this camera? Especially the active deterrence function.

Do you know where you can buy it? When searching online I mostly see Chinese websites and I fear I will just get a fake version.

Thanks

The North Face

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’d recommend reading the last few pages of Review-OEM IPC-T5241H-AS-PV 2mp AI active deterrence cam if you’re interested in the Active Deterrence part. It works, but the “AI” also sounds the alarm on deer and cats even though the Human/People filter is enabled, at least of out the box, for me. I have yet to try the rather cumbersome calibration and I don’t know if it affects the AI part of the functionality anyway. Way fewer false positives compared to motion detection, but I’d be happier if the filter worked as advertised.

MollyN

n3wb
Reaction score
I work for a smaller distributor here in the USA, we brought in a good amount of these and they have been selling pretty well. This particular unit is one of my current favorites from the Dahua Lineup great image quality,great low light performance, and AI + 2 Way Audio built in to top it off. If Andy doesn't take care of you PM me and we can work something out.
Thanks. Where in us are you based?

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hey Fenderman, I’v just received the IPC-T5241H-AS-PV 2mp. I can’t for the life of me figure out how to get the alarm to trip. Do you know what I’m doing wrong?

MollyN

n3wb
Reaction score
@spenser911
where are you based?