Dahua Alarm out connection question

Myllerman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am about to connect a strobe to Dahua camera. I wanted to double check so i dont fry anything becouse when google:ing i saw some different alternetives that made me abit confused :)
Do i connect the Dahua alarm out -> strobe ground -> strobe posetive (120ma) -> 12v ?
Is this correct ?

Myllerman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
when in doubt, use a multimeter instead..
Hmm yeah i did not think of that hehe. Feels kind of obvius now that you meantioned it :p
You mean mesure what happens when i flip the relay if i get a 12v potential between alarm out and 12v source.
Was so long ago i did anything electrical i forgot so much. Thanks.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
red one to a 12v source, black one to the alarm output... trigger the alarm, should read 12v, turn the alarm off.. should read 0v

Myllerman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
red one to a 12v source, black one to the alarm output... trigger the alarm, should read 12v, turn the alarm off.. should read 0v
Late reply from me. Yep, works as you said.

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
Just in case, be aware:
A Strobe placed in the FOV, or that illuminates the FOV, willwreak havoc on the camera's MD feature, esp at night.
Another reason that MD is only useful in special situations.

Myllerman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just in case, be aware:A Strobe placed in the FOV, or that illuminates the FOV, willwreak havoc on the camera's MD feature, esp at night.Another reason that MD is only useful in special situations.
Hehe yeah i can imagine that could happen. I use PIR on this camera so its ok.