Dahua camera accepts 128G micro SD card

dana2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The camera claims to accept "up to 128 gigs" micro SD card. Is this a hard and fast number (strictly enforced), or may I also use a micro SD card of 256 gigs?

Thanks!

dana2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Also, are there any requirements for speed (i.e. class)

dana2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah, I was thinking about exactly the same brand/card. Hmmm, I have a 256gb in my cell, I guess I'm going to give it a try and see if it is working.

AveryFreeman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I wanted to revive this thread because it helped me in selecting 256GB micro sd cards for 3 Dahua IPC-HFW2831T-ZS cameras I'm setting up

IPC-HFW2831T-ZS says its max is 128GB, but I've seen this with motherboards where the largest DIMM size when they're released is smaller than what they'll actually accept

So an actual test is very helpful. If the 256GB card doesn't work I'll just run to best buy and get some 128GBs.

Here's the 256GB I ordered (since samsung EVOs jumped to $45/ea!):
Silicon Power makes good SSDs so hopefully their sd cards are good, too. 5-yr warranty helps relieve skepticism.

Will report back with results

Edit: I've tested these 256GB micro-sd cards w/ the IPC-HFW2831T-ZS for over a week, and they work great. Pretty snappy for an sd card. Record worked immediately on insertion, didn't even require a format. Let's see how they hold up, they have a 5yr warranty, but they're up 18 ft in the air, so fingers definitely crossed.

Last edited: