Dahua camera going offline

ashijpr

n3wb
Reaction score
Hii..
I have installed 16cameras with 16channel nvr.. all are working normal..
Except one camera its going offline after one or two days... when its reconnected it will work but after 2 days same will happened...
Why this happening?
Assigned static ip to all cameras and nvr..

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Check the cable and then try continuously pinging the device to see if your are losing packets.

im85288a

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a similar problem but in my case the cameras (US $165.53 7% OFF|IPC HDW5231R ZE 2MP WDR IR Eyeball Network Camera IPC HDW5231R ZE ,free DHL shipping-in Surveillance Cameras from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group) are going offline after approx 40 minutes. I can ping them when online with no problems or packets being lost, but once it loses connection the ping command only returns a timeout message. I bought two of these recently from @EMPIRETECANDY along with one fixed IPC-T5442TM-AS 4MP. The fixed one works continuously and never drops the signal, however the 2MP vary focal ones show the exact same symptoms all the time.

I have tried swapping the cables round, so using the fixed one in the vari cameras..using a different POE switch, having only one connected to the network..but without any success. The strange thing is both the vari ones will timeout at the exact same time regardless of if they were plugged in to the poe switch at different times.

At this stage I feel I have reached the end of my troubleshooting capabilities and fear it is a problem with either the firmware on the cameras or the cameras themselves.

If anyone has any suggestions or has seen this before please let me know.

Failing that I may have to return the items and get the fixed ones instead assuming @EMPIRETECANDY will accept the swap.

Thanks

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This almost always points to a cable problem.
Did you use solid copper and not copper clad aluminum wire.
Take the camera down, use known good quality short patch cable, test on the bench for a period of time.

im85288a

n3wb
Reaction score

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Thanks for the reply,

I used this cable: MutecPower 30m CAT6 Outdoor waterproof Direct Burial Ethernet Network Cable - UTP - CCA - 550 Mhz - Black 30 meter: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories It is Copper Clad Aluminium and have already tried the cable I know is working with the fixed camera on the vari cameras with the exact same results. In fact I tried all permutations to confirm it is not a cable or switch issue.
You DO NOT want to use CCA cable, period.

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have tried swapping the cables round, so using the fixed one in the vari cameras..using a different POE switch, having only one connected to the network..but without any success. The strange thing is both the vari ones will timeout at the exact same time regardless of if they were plugged in to the poe switch at different times.
This implies you eliminated the POE switch & cables to both cameras as the problem, only other part of this equation is the cameras - either a setting or hardware issue.
But very strange both time out concurrently, which points back to the POE switch. Is is a managed switch? - if yes, check port settings.

im85288a

n3wb
Reaction score
You DO NOT want to use CCA cable, period.
Oh sorry misread your initial reply and thought it was better to use CCA cables.

This implies you eliminated the POE switch & cables to both cameras as the problem, only other part of this equation is the cameras - either a setting or hardware issue.
But very strange both time out concurrently, which points back to the POE switch. Is is a managed switch? - if yes, check port settings.
Unfortunately it is an unmanaged switch, my brother is coming over with his Ubiquiti managed switch tomorrow though so we will do some more checks. I did try swapping the ports etc on the unmanaged switch, plugging in only one vary cam etc but the outcome is exactly the same. I agree though the fact they both go off at exactly the same time in my mind eliminates it being a cable/switch issue and points at the hardware

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
im85288a

1) take the camera down.
2) get a power supply for the camera, more than likely a 12 Volt wall wart...
3) get a premade store purchased short ethernet cable.
4) plug ethernet cable into a normal (non poe) switch, connect to camera and power the camera.
5) test for 24 hours.

if not OK then maybe a camera problem, if OK ...

6) remove power supply
7) plug short cable into POE switch and camera
8) test for 24 hours.

if not ok then POE switch is bad. If OK then cable may be bad.

im85288a

n3wb
Reaction score
im85288a

1) take the camera down.
2) get a power supply for the camera, more than likely a 12 Volt wall wart...
3) get a premade store purchased short ethernet cable.
4) plug ethernet cable into a normal (non poe) switch, connect to camera and power the camera.
5) test for 24 hours.

if not OK then maybe a camera problem, if OK ...

6) remove power supply
7) plug short cable into POE switch and camera
8) test for 24 hours.

if not ok then POE switch is bad. If OK then cable may be bad.
Thank you, I will try that option as it will confirm/reject my suspicions that there is a problem with the cameras. It just seems to much of a coincidence that it occurs with the vari focal ones and not the newer fixed version.

Appreciate all the advice guys

im85288a

n3wb
Reaction score
By the way to add a bit more to this conundrum, I have been constantly pinging one of the ip addresses for the vari camera and so far they have not disconnected...uptime of almost 90 minutes now.

im85288a

n3wb
Reaction score
You dont' by chance have conficting IP address's with something.
It's really odd that two cameras are doing the same thing, it's very rare for the cameras to have faulty hardware.
I thought that could be an issue initially as I had assigned them all static ip addresses, but even after swapping them to new ones it didn't resolve it.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What is the NVR make and Model ?
Does the NVR have 16 POE ports ?
How did you assign the static IP addresses for the camera, in detail ?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I thought somewhere in the Cliff Notes we were endorsing Monoprice and Monoprice only. Every other listing on Amazon is junk, I'm not kidding.

im85288a

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, reporting back.

I have tried all the combinations suggested. Took the cameras down, connected via a short cable (copper) directly to the POE switch and exactly the same symptoms occur. Tried using a POE adapter for power but that made no difference. Factory resetted both cameras, again after an unspecified amount of time they just stop being contactable on the network, power remains (verified by seeing the IR lights still on).

I am not sure if there are any more permutations to try here. My guess is it’s a software or hardware issue. As stated at the start this is only happening with the older 2mp Vari focal cameras, the newer 4mp camera works perfectly connected to any of the other 2 cable runs.

Any suggestions here would be greatly appreciated as I feel the only way forward is replacement cameras for which I am waiting for a reply from @EMPIRETECANDY

Thanks

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hi all, reporting back.

I have tried all the combinations suggested. Took the cameras down, connected via a short cable (copper) directly to the POE switch and exactly the same symptoms occur. Tried using a POE adapter for power but that made no difference. Factory resetted both cameras, again after an unspecified amount of time they just stop being contactable on the network, power remains (verified by seeing the IR lights still on).

I am not sure if there are any more permutations to try here. My guess is it’s a software or hardware issue. As stated at the start this is only happening with the older 2mp Vari focal cameras, the newer 4mp camera works perfectly connected to any of the other 2 cable runs.

Any suggestions here would be greatly appreciated as I feel the only way forward is replacement cameras for which I am waiting for a reply from @EMPIRETECANDY

Thanks
Please Contact me for the return details via email.