Dahua camera not showing up + static green and red light

Elhyra

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a problem with a brand new camera I just installed. This one isn't showing up at all over the NVR. I checked the cable, poe and everything is perfectly fine. Also, I don't know why but the cam's having two little lights on at all time. If any of you got an idea of how to fix that!

Attachments

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
Prior to install i have always powered the camera up on the bench by using a known good patch cable 2m long and connecting it straight to the nvr. I can then check the camera is working and carry out basic configuration on the nvr and the cameras own web GUI.

The advantage of doing this is 1 you know the camera is working and 2 if the cameras working it has to be something to do with the installation wiring.

You can still do this just means spending 10 mins taking the camera down.

If it does work on the bench make sure the poe port you tested the camera with on the nvr is the one the used for the permanent camera install. Another poster on here called it being "married" lol

Griswald

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
One issue at a time.

As to it “not showing up at all over the NVR”
1- is the NVR one with built in PoE ports?
2- if so is this camera plugged into one of them?
3- show us a snapshot of your NVR registration page.

A brand new Dahua camera, when plugged into a PoE NVR for the first time should show up on that page in the lower pane with a 10.1.1.x address and be visible from the NVR

On the lights,
Obvious the IR lights are on. Likely a setting issue on the camera or placement which makes it think it’s nighttime. Once you are able to access the camera GUI directly this should be easy to solve.

IPCamer

n3wb
Reaction score
What is the type number of the camera? Does it have external alarm wires that are making a short?
Did you already pressed the reset button for at least 10sec?