Dahua Camera's not working at night

tokyojoe

n3wb
Reaction score
I am new to this and am not sure if I am missing something with the config, or the camera's are just not working like I expect. I purchased a few DH-IPC-HDB4300C's and one of them, it seems that the IR functionality does not seem to be working. 3 of them go to B&W when the room goes dark, the last one doesn't, as if the IR LED's don't turn on. well I just bought a DH-IPC-K100W and it is acting the same way. Any help would be appreciated to help me figure this out and get the camera's working

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
In the profile make sure it's not set to day. You want it to say normal and you want day/night to say normal. The DH-IPC-K100W does not have IR, but it does have a light that you can turn on or off.

Daybreak

n3wb
Reaction score
I am new to this and am not sure if I am missing something with the config, or the camera's are just not working like I expect. I purchased a few DH-IPC-HDB4300C's and one of them, it seems that the IR functionality does not seem to be working. 3 of them go to B&W when the room goes dark, the last one doesn't, as if the IR LED's don't turn on. well I just bought a DH-IPC-K100W and it is acting the same way. Any help would be appreciated to help me figure this out and get the camera's working
Howdy,

?? IPC-HDB4300C do not have IR. They do have good low light viewing, but in total darkness, your not going to see anything.

tokyojoe

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 2 0f them in the same lighting conditions, and one looks good, the other is black. on the K100W how do I turn on the light?

Daybreak

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 2 0f them in the same lighting conditions, and one looks good, the other is black. on the K100W how do I turn on the light?
Howdy,
I would suggest you go into the settings on both cameras and make sure they are reset back to default and reconfigure them. Be cautious of the day/night settings.

Dahua DH-IPC K100W
in the user manual it states that;
"Auto turn on white light when an alarm is activated. The light can last until the alarm ends."

By reading what this says. It will only come on when the alarm is activated, and its looks like it would come on for about 10 seconds.
good luck