Dahua cams has stopped sending emails alert

farma1979

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello

Since three months ago the cameras do not send me messages when they detect a tripwire. In the smtp configuration I have everything right, I have not made any changes, my account is gmail and I am allowed access to third-party applications. When I do a test I get an error. I have not changed anything, until December it worked for me. Two weeks ago I configured it with some new gmail accounts and it worked an hour only. Do you know why it can be? I have tried SSL, TLS, changed ports ... and nothing, there is no way to make it work.

The cameras are Dahua IPC-HFW4413R-Z

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello

Since three months ago the cameras do not send me messages when they detect a tripwire. In the smtp configuration I have everything right, I have not made any changes, my account is gmail and I am allowed access to third-party applications. When I do a test I get an error. I have not changed anything, until December it worked for me. Two weeks ago I configured it with some new gmail accounts and it worked an hour only. Do you know why it can be? I have tried SSL, TLS, changed ports ... and nothing, there is no way to make it work.

The cameras are Dahua IPC-HFW4413R-Z
I got exactly the same, since mid December, my Dahua NVR stopped sending emails. As I was, back then, messing around with push notifications, I switch completely to that. I must do a wireshark/tcpdump to see if it's the NVR or my network, but as nothing changed on the network side (vlans/firewalls/routing/...) I suspect either Google banned me, or the NVR brook.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
search the forum there has been problems with gmail. There has been problems with the email ports being blocked.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
The problem is almost certainly with Gmail, not your cameras or NVR

Barboots

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Any time my cam settings create too many alerts, my Gmail access gets blocked temporarily. It seems to be restored quicker if I temporarily disable all alerts and log into the Gmail account on my mobile or PC.

I definitely haven't found a solid pattern or solution with the few times that it has happened, however keeping the alerts to a reasonable level and avoiding any "alert floods" seems to be allowing me reliable ongoing access.

Cheers, Steve

Barboots

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What I would love to set up is a way to disable alerts whilst someone is at home. Time based is not suitable due to irregular schedules.

Cheers, Steve

farma1979

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I was searching and I found several posts but I did not find any solution, beyond changing security and ports (and It doesn't work).

Do you know what this Google policy is based on? The account does work for me, I can send and receive emails, but the recorder can not.

And yes, I would also like to know if there is any way to disable the alerts by tripwire in a fast way, and not go to the configuration of each camera.

Thank You!

farma1979

n3wb
Reaction score
It worked! I tried it a few days ago and it did not work, but right now I set the port 587 and TSL security and now the cams send emails with Gmail! Thanks a lot!

gzn

n3wb
Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago I bought 2 IPC-HDW5231R-ZE cameras and everything was working fine until last Thrusday rained and I got over 70 email notifications at night. Since then I don't get any email notification cause both cameras cannot connect to gmail smtp server. I tested them using another email provider (yahoo) and the "Test" procedure is fine. In conclusion, gmail banned my cameras because I can still login using a regular mail client or browser. Meanwhile I'm waiting for forgiveness...

Fourier

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a Lorex nvr (lnr6108) from the 4K Costco kit a year or two ago. Email notifications worked fine using gmail tls, port 587 (ssl never worked).

As of 3 weeks ago it stopped working and I no longer get emails and I can’t get it to work anymore either. Maybe I’ll try yahoo and switch to that if it works.

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Has anyone resolved the Dahua and email alerts? I have spent 3hrs applying everything on these threads, and follow the Dahua wiki. But nothing is working.....getting frustrated. And Yes I have Google less secure on.

qwert106

n3wb
Reaction score
For me Gmail doesn't work anymore. I switched to Yahoo, this works

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone resolved the Dahua and email alerts? I have spent 3hrs applying everything on these threads, and follow the Dahua wiki. But nothing is working.....getting frustrated. And Yes I have Google less secure on.
It's been confirmed that the Dahua firmware has a flaw in the way it sets up the TLS connection, it doesn't properly follow RFS 7507, and gmail is now strictly enforcing the dialogue.
email notify

Configuration won't fix the gmail problem - it needs a firmware mod.
Or move to another email provider that's isn't yet as strict.