Dahua cams/NVR dropping frame sections right at the money shot

mat-with-one-t

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all. Firstly, thanks for all the help for this here new guy - I'm getting the hang of all this!
Now, Here's my kit:

Dahua DHI-NVR5216-16p-4ks2e

Cameras so far:
1. IPC-t5241-as-pv 2mp 2.8mm (same as IPC-hdw5241h-as-pv
2. IPC-e3541f-as-m 5mp 2.8mm (same as dh-ipc-hdbw3541f-as-m)
3. IPC-t5442tm-as

I've noticed that, when IVS is set and a rule is tripped (such as tripwire or similar), and it's noted on the NVR GUI timeline draggy-bar-thing (as denoted by a coloured stripe of some sort), and I play it back under the "search" function, there is invariably a brief blank pause in the stream! Normally I wouldn't care, but it seems that this consistently relates to the most interesting sections of video! Hmmm.....

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you tried actually exporting 10-15 econds of video containing the event and see if it actually skips frames or maybe its a glitch on the playback function of the machine?

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
skipped frames due to IVS:

Upon an IVS event, the NVR records to a new file. So it closes one file, opens another to record the IVS event. On the NVR, check the "files" log,. In the list of files, you'll spot the time stamp of files that coincide with IVS events.

The above links provide insight.

I haven't seen a fix. I just deal with in, unhappily.

Fast b

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Note that in both cases above, using SmartPSS and direct from NVR, I’m recording 24/7 PLUS IVS.

On both I use the timeline and scissors to define and clip thus getting a few seconds of video before and after the actual IVS triggered event.

I’ll try exporting only the IVS event from the file list .... standby....

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Last edited:

mat-with-one-t

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My version (which I thought was the latest?) is
V4.001.0000000.1, Build Date: 2020-03-19
I don't have "Backup" as a selection option.....

Also, just out of curiosity, why did you go with 2 tripwires - one squiggly and one straight?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
One for the crosswalk and one for vehicles. Different active times for each. The crosswalk is only active after midnight, the vehicle line 24/7

mat-with-one-t

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Could I get a hand here? I continue to get the issue of playback looping/missing when using the main Web GUI under "search" or "AI". I watched the (very useful) video mentioned above:

Dahua NVR5208 saving Playback files problem. Download option missing.

When I log into a cam, and then go to "Playback", it only gives me a (not installed) SD card as an option as a data source. I obviosly need to add the NVR as a recording destination, but I had assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that it would be the default recording destination.
So, what do I need to do? I see a "Setting>Storage>Destination" pathway, but I don't ssem to be able to figure it out.
Thanks!
Mat

mat-with-one-t

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yep been through all that I think. I just tried swapping to Explorer 11 (just to try the GUI with that) and it seems to have stopped the loop/stagger problem when playing back triggered footage. Good.

mat-with-one-t

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yep that was the issue. Would play along fine until hitting a "triggered" section (motion/IVS/tripwire), then would blank out briefly, then play a loop around and around with same blanks each round.
For people's interest, I never use Explorer (horrible), but I read this didn't happen using Explorer 11, so I gave it a go and voila! Fixed.
So henceforth I'll view NVR stuff via the GUI using Explorer......

Still can't find recordings via individual cam GUI's like in the above video. Hmmm....

dcmkii

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i found viewing the videos from the desktop Smart PSS to be smoother than web based GUI.
However, viewing directly from the nvr is the best quality.