Dahua CEO resigns

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Breaking News

The dahua CEO resigns and the founder back to work again, the IPVM reported the founder resigned 2 years ago, right now the boss will be back to work. In the past 2 years dahua not doing very well, hope this change will make some good things happen.
This news just released 4 hours ago, but i heard something in 2019 about the coming changes.
IPVM report link:

Our work will go on :D
Andy

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I know Andy doesn't work for Dahua but he should probably send his resume in, skip the corporate ladder, and become next CEO of Dahua. At least Andy listen's to his customers :D @EMPIRETECANDY

The fact is that Andy is better than a CEO, he's a human being, forging strong customer relationship

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I think he means that the big boss will always get the finger, LOL :rofl:
But it doesn't have to be this way, the CEO of Costco gets a lot of respect :D

That is a good thing, or bad thing?

john-ipvm

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that. I suspect that the founder will ease vs exacerbate US government concerns compared to a former Huawei executive.
Could be, I heard that theory from someone else this morning. However, I had never heard any US government or industry people criticize Li Ke or his Huawei background. Not necessarily because they liked Li Ke but because he was relatively invisible. Dahua's issues are far more their size in the surveillance market, their terrible cybersecurity track record, and their massive Xinjiang projects.

On the terrible cybersecurity track record, e.g., Bashis recently posted of a longstanding unfixed Dahua cloud vulnerability I Would Like To Issue A Warning...

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Could be, I heard that theory from someone else this morning. However, I had never heard any US government or industry people criticize Li Ke or his Huawei background. Not necessarily because they liked Li Ke but because he was relatively invisible. Dahua's issues are far more their size in the surveillance market, their terrible cybersecurity track record, and their massive Xinjiang projects.

On the terrible cybersecurity track record, e.g., Bashis recently posted of a longstanding unfixed Dahua cloud vulnerability I Would Like To Issue A Warning...
That is not the real reason, real reason is dahua boss think Li not bring the company better in the past 2 years and have to pay big money for Li's team. Li brought lots of his fellows from huawei when he was the ceo in dahua, and kick out the old dahua guys.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Thank You Andy for the updates. IMHO Dahua has turned the corner on product development. The new cameras with the 1/1.8" sensors are a very good buy for the money.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
No reason to go with Hikvision when Dahua makes something similar but cheaper and better :)

bashis

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What's your justification that Hikvision is better? :p I'd like to know so that I can give Hikvision another try :D
None of them are any good to be frank, but the choice between them - I would choose Hik.
If I could choose freely from all brands, I choose Axis.

Nothing personal of the choices, only my personal impressions while researching.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Currently, I think Hikvision's ColorVu has potential. And to be frank, when I starting getting into the IP Cam business, Hikvision would have been my first choice, but the number of security vulnerabilities that surfaced months before Dahua's own problems made the headlines made me lean towards Dahua. When I used to recommend US-based companies rebranding Hikvision products (like Swann and LaView), I always recommended these rebranded companies (before stumbling onto this forum) because they used to use Hikvision a lot and provided at least a two-year warranty. I still think Hikvision makes a bit more polished product and crisper image. However the cost and lack of support to end-users (especially for international models) made me steer away, lol :)

None of them are any good to be frank, but the choice between them - I would choose Hik.
If I could choose freely from all brands, I choose Axis.

Nothing personal of the choices, only my personal impressions while researching.