Dahua - Day/Night IR

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have 4 cams on my house that I have set to a timed schedule to kick into IR due to landscape lighting causing them not to go into IR on their own.... The problem with this is - it needs constant attention - I'm going in there atleast once a month to adjust for sun rise/sun set times - and it's become an annoyance because I should probably be doing it once a week.

Is there any solution to this? anyway I can make these things follow the sunrise/sundown on its own?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Give this a try -

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Give this a try -

That looks like it may be helpful - but when I go to the link, there's about 80 different files in there... how do I know which one is which and how to use it correctly?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
There's a green "box" at the upper right of the list that says "clone/download". You can download it from that.

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There's a green "box" at the upper right of the list that says "clone/download". You can download it from that.
Did that. following the README file that comes with it.. tells me to run "dahuasunrisesunset.exe" --- but there is no file named that in the zip file I downloaded.

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK.. I got the .EXE, not sure how I found it - but I got it.

and I've got it setup - but I'm testing it here.. I need 5 cameras to follow this - uploaded all their IP's, etc - only 4 of the 5 are flipping to nightvision when I test.. any ideas?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Check for new firmware for the one that doesn't work. I saw your post over in the "Utility" thread, too.

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Check for new firmware for the one that doesn't work. I saw your post over in the "Utility" thread, too.
Did you notice that it is a dahua OEM cam.. but it's LTS? think that makes a difference? 90% of the cams on this house are from Andy... so I would imagine they're very similar to LTS.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, I did and it's surprising, to me, that it isn't working. My understanding is that LTS is just a re-brand of Dahua from Andy. It is certainly possible that some "features" may not be either fully implemented or implemented at all, but day/night control is a pretty basic feature on anything above the level of Reolink, Foscam or SV3C.

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, I did and it's surprising, to me, that it isn't working. My understanding is that LTS is just a re-brand of Dahua from Andy. It is certainly possible that some "features" may not be either fully implemented or implemented at all, but day/night control is a pretty basic feature on anything above the level of Reolink, Foscam or SV3C.
hmmmmmmm... well, when I go to System<upgrade<Manual Check ----> I get an error that states "check time is out"... not sure what that means.

Camera Model Number: LTDHIP3742W-28ISMD
Firmware Version: V2.800.14FX000.0.R, Build Date: 2019-11-26

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Check in Andy's thread here on IPCT. Alternately, drop him an email and ask, directly. Apparently your cameras are blocked from internet access which is the proper and correct way they should be set up. None of my cameras can access the internet and all updates are manually applied by me from files I download as provided by Andy and after I see how well the update works and if it's worth the trouble.

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Check in Andy's thread here on IPCT. Alternately, drop him an email and ask, directly. Apparently your cameras are blocked from internet access which is the proper and correct way they should be set up. None of my cameras can access the internet and all updates are manually applied by me from files I download as provided by Andy and after I see how well the update works and if it's worth the trouble.
This particular cam is an LTS cam. Not one of Andy’s. Although they are both dahua OEM.

I contacted my LTS rep asking for firmware update. But... I’ll tell you, this is my one cam that I agreed to test to see if we want to use LTS on normal installs - anddddd, it’s been nothing but poor experiences. Sent me the wrong mount. Charged me $15 to ship a $15 mount.

I probably will not be using LTS in the future.

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Per LTS, camera has the latest firmware.

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You sure it's a Dahua OEM? Last I knew, they were HIK.
yeah I’m sure.Looks identical to the cameras I get from Andy & ADI. has the same QR code and all that.

Whole reason I bought it is because they saw my companies website and called me and said “I see you install a lot of dahua - we now have a dahua OEM line. Want to try one?”

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't know what to say. I've had it up and running with no problems for over two years now.

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't know what to say. I've had it up and running with no problems for over two years now.
it's pretty confusing to download the actual program? maybe I have an old version of the program? - I can say that the pictures on the "how to guide" do not match the program I am using - and the .exe file was quite hard to find - the link on that thread brings you to a zip file.. but the zip doesn't have an EXE in it... I had to do some poking around to find it. @bp2008 can you assist?