Dahua DB11 - Not getting notifications for Motion

mbonadio

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

Out of desperation I'm reaching out for some help. I have a Dahua DB11 doorbell camera that I installed. I went with it because I also have a Dahua NVR + 4 IPCams that has been working pretty well.

I have the doorbell camera setup. I have it added to my DMSS application. I have notifications turned on for the app, and within the app. I get doorbell ring notifications on my phone and it rings me..

I do not get motion detection notifications. I have tried absolutely everything - and I mean exhaustively for hours.. I reset my phone, I tried other phones, I triple checked notification settings, turned stuff off and back on, etc, etc. The motion events occur, and I see them in my messages on the DMSS app. But I never get notifications pushed to my phone except rings.

I know the alerts work to my phone, because I was getting notifications from my cameras connected to my NVR when I had motion turned on there. But I turned these off because they were not very practical - too sensitive and going off all the time for shadows, car lights, plants in the wind, etc.

Appreciate the help. If I can't get this camera to work then I will have to look at other ring devices. I hated my RING in the past. And I like having 1 app for cameras and doorbell. But not if it cannot notify me of motion on my porch. This is the only way for me to know when packages arrive, or if porch pirates are snooping around. Without notifications it's not really much better than a doorbell chime!!

Thanks!
Martin

nelgnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Motion Detection at the DB11 is done by the PIR, not by detecting changes in video. Therefore you have to change the PIR settings by the app. Can you take a screenshot from your notification and your PIR settings?

mbonadio

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah it wasn’t PIR either. I had it set from 100% down and never got any resolution. I had corporate involved and they couldn’t ever get it working so I got authorization to return it and went a different path. New doorbell works perfectly all the time.

nelgnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good to see a new doorbell solved the problem!

mbonadio

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah, but having the dahua doorbell and everything else in my existing dahua system in one app would have been nice too!