Dahua DH-SD22404T: current rotation times 94%?

SkyLake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Dahua implemented a protection that prevents the stepper motors to be damaged.

If you do a infinite tour for 6 months, you will damage the steppers eventually. They will get to hot at some point. Although stepper motors are made for motion, these are not the industrial type of motors used in cnc machines.

The only way i could imagine to reset the counter, is to modify the firmware..

The best way would be, to do a tour with pauses like 5 minutes or so in between the movement. That could help to let the motors cool down.

EvgenioZ

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Cheap Chinese Huisun PTZ works for 2 years flawlessly with infinite tour without pauses.

Dahua cam failed within 150 days with many pauses in tour.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Cheap Chinese Huisun PTZ works for 2 years flawlessly with infinite tour without pauses.

Dahua cam failed within 150 days with many pauses in tour.
YES, we are all aware of the huisun high failure rate. Many of them dying one after the other. Please.:rolleyes: The camera hasnt failed, its protecting itself from failure by someone like you who is abusing the camera.

EvgenioZ

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My purpose is infinite tour. I have only 2 of 16 failed Huisuns since july 2017. And I have actually failed dahua since sep 2018, because I need only automated tour.

Huisuns are buggy, but working.

PS: are Hiks have same rotation counter?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My purpose is infinite tour. I have only 2 of 16 failed Huisuns since july 2017. And I have failed dahua since sep 2018, because I need only automated tour.

Huisuns are buggy, but working.

PS: are Hiks have same rotation counter?
So you have a 12.5 percent failure rate in 1.5 years and you use the word "only". If the ptz motors on the Husuin failed, then thats your fault. If other components of the camera failed which occurred to many users here then its theirs.
Again, the dahua did not fail, you have used it beyond its design specification.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Both Huisuns were failed after lightning.

Are there any rotation limits on Dahua site? Where's this specification?
sure lightening....look, the huisun work so great for you, buy them again? makes me wonder why you are looking for hikvision....

EvgenioZ

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Dahua gives much better IQ and stability. But I need infinite tours, that doen't supported by Dahua (both cheap and expensive).

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
it sounds like the OP has very large areas (of beach front) that he wants to 'patrol' continuously.
and it's clear that none of the PTZ's are designed for continuous motion operation forever.
So you will have to find some compromise. Perhaps a series of (cheaper, wide-angle) fixed cameras covering the area,
and use motion alerts from these cams to direct the PTZ's to areas of interest if/when needed?
Or some other program for the PTZ's that doesn't move them continuously as suggestde by Skylake...

basically, i think you need to revisit the statement "i NEED infinite tours"...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
PTZ Cams with autotracking feature are also not designed for continuous motion?
no because it does not track 24/7. Auto tracking is a gimmik. Once again are you using these cameras for surveillance?