Dahua DHI-NVR5216-16P-I // Some attachments missing in the emails

xxxlolo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am having small troubles with my Dahua NVR which I am not able to solve. Let me share it with you, would be happy if somebody has a solution!

Indeed, my NVR is connected to an external alarm (local alarm relay) and I activated the email with snapshots of the cameras in case of intrusion.

Here is the config:
EVENTS\ALARM\LOCAL ALARM 1\send email activated, snapshot all cameras selected
IMAGE\ENCODE\SNAPSHOT\all activated, mode "timing" (when I select mode "trigger", it gets back to "timing" after saving)
NETWORK\EMAIL\Enable and all parametered, with attachments. interval 5sec.
STORAGE\SCHEDULE\SNAPSHOT\All channels selected, all days, for alarm
STORAGE\RECORD\Snapshot opened for all channels

Issue:
On some alarms, I get several emails with pictures attached, but out of my 11 cameras, I often get only 9 pictures. Very often cameras 1 and 2 are missing. Sometimes other cameras are missing on a roling basis. I don't see any logic as I parametered exactly the same way for all cameras.

Any ideas ?

Best,

Laurent

wasabi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i would first check if all your cameras are on the same firmware version.
next is unplug each camera and test this 1 by 1 see where the fault is and see if they are all working according to your settings.

xxxlolo

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks wasabi,

My 11 cameras are with firmware 2.600.0006.0.R,2017-05-26.

There are all working perfecty fine.

It is just that, on the alarm email I receive in case of a local alarm: I have 8 or 9 snapshots enclosed intead of 11... The 2 or 3 snapshots missing are never the same: sometimes camera 1 and 8, sometimes the 2, 3 and 6.... And also: sometimes I get all the snapshots enclosed in one email. Sometimes I get 5 emails, some with 1 snapshot enclosed, some with 4....

I think it is as it is and part of the chinese technology?!

Best,

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I have seen same on a couple of NVRs where I have multiple cameras covering/overlapping a common area. If they all fire an IVS alert at once, sometimes one of the attachments doesn’t make the trip. I just assumed it was because the NVR could only process so many simultaneously

Abbasi87

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am having small troubles with my Dahua NVR which I am not able to solve. Let me share it with you, would be happy if somebody has a solution!

Indeed, my NVR is connected to an external alarm (local alarm relay) and I activated the email with snapshots of the cameras in case of intrusion.

Here is the config:
EVENTS\ALARM\LOCAL ALARM 1\send email activated, snapshot all cameras selected
IMAGE\ENCODE\SNAPSHOT\all activated, mode "timing" (when I select mode "trigger", it gets back to "timing" after saving)
NETWORK\EMAIL\Enable and all parametered, with attachments. interval 5sec.
STORAGE\SCHEDULE\SNAPSHOT\All channels selected, all days, for alarm
STORAGE\RECORD\Snapshot opened for all channels

Issue:
On some alarms, I get several emails with pictures attached, but out of my 11 cameras, I often get only 9 pictures. Very often cameras 1 and 2 are missing. Sometimes other cameras are missing on a roling basis. I don't see any logic as I parametered exactly the same way for all cameras.

Any ideas ?

Best,

Laurent
Hi,

Were you able to fix this issue at your end ?

I have the same NVR and just two of my cameras are set to send emails. They were working fine for a month and sending image attachments everytime a Alarm was activated but now they are sometimes missing attachments dont know what the reason is because some emails have pictures and some just empty with text.

Thanks