Dahua Eco-Savvy Line

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Dahua has released a new "Eco-Savvy" line of cameras which range from small 1.3MP non-IR mini domes to 2MP 30x Optical Zoom PTZs. This line of cameras not only draws less power but can record better quality video using a lower bit rate. Another plus to this is that most of the PTZs can be powered using PoE+. To top it all off the 3MP fixed lens bullets and domes are priced at about what you would pay for a 3MP Hikvision bullet or dome. What do you guys think about this new line from Dahua?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Always liked dahua (except for the firmware support). Their mini domes dont seem to have sd card options or audio like the hikvision mini dome.

Neutech

n3wb
Reaction score
Qvis have these rebranded as S profile
Hikvision still cheaper esp as they are only 2mp where the hikvison is 3mp for less money
Have a 1.3mp on test at moment and a number of installs coming up using 2mp units so will see how they compare

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Myself and my local distributor has noticed that the new eco savy line seems 'slightly' less of an image as the standard old cameras. I think Dahua's attempt to allow lower bit rate has
downgraded the quality slightly. It's not much and side by side you don't notice that much, but I have heard from others they have noticed something. I would like to try their new hdcvi
line though and see how they look.

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
@vector18 I noticed the same thing when doing a side by side comparison. It wasn't a major difference but it was a difference. I could be wrong but I think this line might have been created not solely for being "Eco-Savvy" but also to bring a little competition to Hikvisions current dominance. Did they do it? We'll see...

Last edited by a moderator:

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The big difference is the Sony Exmor sensor vs. the Aptina. The Eco-Savvy uses the latter which has a better dynamic range and the image is not as contrasty and overly saturated like the Exmor. So yes, the Sony Exmor makes a prettier picture if that's your goal, the Aptina provides more detail in shadows and makes for better forensic evidence.

You would think that you can use image settings and WDR to make one look like the other. I tried and you can to some extent, but not full.

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I believe they also replaced the TI chipset with the Ambarella in this line.