Dahua Eco Savvy PTZ

fmflex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi

This post is directed to anyone who might have one of the Dahua eco savvy PTZ cams with the following model # SD59212S/220S/230S-HN. I think Nayr may have one???

How are you powering yours? Looking at the specs it says 24v AC / 12v DC+POE plus. Can you confirm if it'll run off POE+ as I've got a POE+ switch or does it also require 12v DC? I'm trying to work out whether I need to run a pair up to it as well as the CAT6 dropper. Looking to get into that very shortly as demolition of the interior of my house is about to begin for when they put up the extension and I'll have access at the house frame to run cables around.

Thanks in advance.

paarlberg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not sure about the power requirement. If you have the walls open, 3 things CONDUIT, CONDUIT, CONDUIT. You will be happy you did, I put a lot in my house and wish I would have done more.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can power it with only one of the following:
24v AC
12v DC
PoE+ (IEEE 802.3at 48v DC)

if your using PoE just cut back and tape up the AC/DC power inputs.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have never actually tried personally, but I do know someone who could not get it to work with POE+. If your walls are open, run an 18/2 at least and use the power supply that COMES with the camera.

fmflex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi All

Thanks for the replies. As cable is a cheap commodity in the overall scheme of things, I may as well run the extra cables as suggested just in case.

To Paarlberg, what's the logic behind all the conduit if you've got cavity walls?