Dahua ePoE switch + LR1002 converter

Korgoth

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello,

Probably you know about Dahua ePoE technology. Using ePoE camera + ePoE switch you can reach 800m (or even longer) distance for power and transmission to your IP camera.

Interesting thing is that Dahua introduced also passive converters LR1002 that allows you to use coaxial cable for PoE and transmision (1000m distance).
So we thought that if coaxial works at a 1km distance, what about just 2 wires in UTP cable? And here it is! Test on 300m distance :D

I thought that this is quite interesting experiment.Now I want to test 4 cameras on one UTP 5e, or just test different media. Like standard video inteercome cable

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hello can we use an other brand of camera with this system ?

BICK

spankdog

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this. I am trying to help a friend upgrade some old coax cameras where it is not possible to run new cables. From what I can see this seems like a good solution. You mention above that a Dahua ePoE camera is required but Dahua's site says any standard PoE ONVIF camera will work. Do you know if that is true? Seems like there are a few good Dahua ePoE cameras but it would be nice to use any camera. Looking at adding a couple SD49225T-HN and I don't see any ePoE PTZ cameras available.

Dahua’s Full ePoE Solution is Now Available – Dahua North America

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Looking at this photo as well. The 3 different applications dont show using two of the LR1002.
The third example using uses a transmitter and receiver..thus eliminating the need for both the camera and nvr from being epoe..
from your link"
"The first option allows a standard PoE ONVIF camera to be used over coax when combined with Dahua’s ePoE switch/head-end along with an LR1002 passive converter and an LR1002-1ET extender.

The second option allows a standard PoE switch to be used over coax when combined with Dahua’s ePoE 6MP camera along with an LR1002 passive converter at the camera and an LR1002-1EC extender.

The third way allows a standard PoE switch and standard PoE ONVIF camera to be used over coax when combined with Dahua’s ePoE LR1002-1EC and LR1002-1ET extenders."

spankdog

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman. The part that I was confused about was the fact that @Korgoth used two LR1002 and not one LR1002 and one LR1002-1EC or LR1002-1ET. The diagram I found only shows using two different modules. Looking at the datasheets for both makes it a little more clear now. Appears that you must use ePoE switch and camera when you only use 2x of the LR1002. If you want to use standard PoE switch or camera you can accomplish that with a combination of LR1002, LR1002-1ET, and LR1002-1EC. I think I am going to pick up an ePoE switch, LR1002, LR1002-1ET and a SD49225T-HN.

Attachments

Last edited: