Dahua - External POE

Muzi

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, newbie looking for assistance. Cannot find much on the net

I have a separate external POE (Tenda) smart switch. with IP 192.168.1.19. My network is on the 192.168.1.x range. My NVR with built in ports is on 192.168.1.108 range. How do I access the cameras with the Dahua config tool on the separate POE switch (Tenda) ?

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello, newbie looking for assistance. Cannot find much on the net

I have a separate external POE (Tenda) smart switch. with IP 192.168.1.19. My network is on the 192.168.1.x range. My NVR with built in ports is on 192.168.1.108 range. How do I access the cameras with the Dahua config tool on the separate POE switch (Tenda) ?
IP Address conflict? Check out the link in my signature and look at the section on initial setup; it may help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muzi

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks guys, but have already managed to get the camera IP's through the built in NVR POE using the config tool by connecting the laptop directly through to the built in NVR POE. Forgot to mention in my original post that the NVR POE is on the 10.1.1.x range. THE IP's are not conflicting as far as I know. have checked this a few times using the config tool as well as the ARP -a function. Have tested the wiring and the cameras too.

What I cannot seem to do correctly is find and setup the cameras through the Tenda external smart swich POE connected to either the NVR or the router on the 192.168.1.xx range.

Not sure my problem is clear? I have no experience working with smart switch POE's.

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks guys, but have already managed to get the camera IP's through the built in NVR POE using the config tool by connecting the laptop directly through to the built in NVR POE. Forgot to mention in my original post that the NVR POE is on the 10.1.1.x range. THE IP's are not conflicting as far as I know. have checked this a few times using the config tool as well as the ARP -a function. Have tested the wiring and the cameras too.

What I cannot seem to do correctly is find and setup the cameras through the Tenda external smart swich POE connected to either the NVR or the router on the 192.168.1.xx range.

Not sure my problem is clear? I have no experience working with smart switch POE's.
You initially said the NVR was on the same 192.168.1.x subnet, and now you are saying it is on 10.1.1.x, and it is PoE. So you are not able to get to them because the computer and the NVR and the cameras are on different subnets.

It worked directly connected to the NVR because you were connected directly to it. Further, because it is a Dahua PoE NVR, the camera's will probably be on a third subnet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muzi

n3wb
Reaction score
Apologies for the confusion giomania. let me attempt to clarify:

Local Network: 192.168.1.x range
Dahua NVR: 192.168.1.108 (Static) | SUBNET - NVR Built in POE (switch) 10.1.1.1 -
Cameras within NVR POE: 10.1.1.65 -68 (DHCP)
Tenda external POE (Smart Switch -TEF1210P): 192.168.1.19
Cameras connected to the Tenda External POE: ???? cannot connect to these

I can access the cameras on the built in POE NVR, but cannot seem to connect to the cameras on the smart switch Tenda POE.

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do you know the IP Addresses of the cameras you cannot connect to? If not, and you ever had them connected to the NVR, it would have assigned IP addresses in the 10.1.1.x subnet most likely.

You can access the cameras via the NVR because the NVR is on the same subnet (192.168.1.x) as your computer

You would not be able to connect your computer on subnet 192.168.1.x directly to the cameras connected to the PoE NVR on subnet 10.1.1.x without manually changing the subnet of your computer.

Probably the easiest thing is to go to the link in my signature and follow the instructions for connecting the cameras directly to your computer, as if you were setting them up the first time. Then you can choose what IP Address (and therefore subnet) you want to assign them to.

Mark

Muzi

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Mark, appreciate the assistance.

I have placed the cameras into the nvr previously and checked the IP. WHilst in the NVR If I set the cameras as static 10.1.1.x range, then place them into the separate POE, I cannot see them. If I set the cameras to DHCP, and place them into the separate POE, I still cannot see them. However, in the second scenario when I place the cameras back into the NVR its on the 192.168.1.x range probably due to the separate switch POE (192,168,1,19) allocating that range automatically whilst in DHCP mode. Note also that the cameras work through the NVR POE, just not through the switch if that makes sense

I have read through your link, but I do not have difficulty with that and can connect to these cameras when I place them in the NVR POE, its just that I cannot see or get them connected through the separate POE switch.

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It looks like your switch may be a managed switch. If so, I would log into that and see if the PoE ports are configured for yet another subnet.