Dahua Firmware...

d0t-bat

n3wb
Reaction score
Found a site with all models and latest firmwares. ftp://ftp.asm.cz/Dahua/kamerove_systemy/_Firmware/04IPC/ Originally found via Maxicon@CCTVForum.
Usual disclaimer, use at own risk. I have tried the IPC-HX1100 on one of my aliexpress cameras and it worked fine. Nothing suspicious that I can see (no traffic to from this device to the outside world.)

Last edited by a moderator:

3dogpottery

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you for the link. Perhaps you can help me out. Which firmware is for the Dahua IPC HFW4300?

d0t-bat

n3wb
Reaction score
Take a look at the spreadsheet in the above link, it should tell you the location on the FTP site and which firmware. There appears to be different versions of cameras so make sure your camera is compatible.. I haven't bricked any camera by trying the wrong firmware but your results may vary..

3dogpottery

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks d0t-bat. It did finally occur to me that several of the files were spreadsheets...Duh! So, after some perusing, I managed to find the directory on the ftp site for my camera. However, there were about a dozen binary files. I picked the one with the latest date, but it didn't work. In fact, I tried several. In every instance, the file would start to install, and then freeze. Surprisingly, I never bricked the camera. So, to make a long story short, I concluded that I don't know what the hell im doing and returned the cameras. I am going to purchase locally so that I won't run into this Chinese web interface again. Again, thanks for your help.

d0t-bat

n3wb
Reaction score
You could try using the dahua tool instead. http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=44928 This thread has some decent information, try using the same firmware version you have from that site and see if it will reflash. When I flash mine via the webpage it can take a few minutes and will either error out, or slowly progress to completion.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting. I don't see any PTZ models in there which is unfortunate since I've been looking for firmware for one of my PTZs for over a year.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Oooh. I looked again, the PTZ firmwares are in a different directory up one level from where you linked to. Handy!

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the link, will save it for later

Euly

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Link no long works
ftp://ftp.asm.cz/Dahua/kamerove_systemy/_Firmware/

They rearranged everything on their FTP. Unless I'm mis-remembering, they also ditched all NTSC firmware, so they only host PAL (European) firmware.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
if its not broken; dont fix it.. updating firmware just because you can, is dangerously stupid.