Dahua genuineness

Basjke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Am I correct in my assumption that all Dahua cameras offered on Ebay ending on I2 - I4 - I6 are modifications done by the seller, and can I trust them>

I'm in the market for IPC-HFW4431M or K or IPC-HFW4436M or K cameras.

The IPC-HFW4431M I can find on the Dahua website , but not ending on I2 - 4 or 6, which I think points to the number of IR.

The IPC-HFW4436M I can't find at all on the Dahua website, so i guess that's a big no no then.

How about the IPC-HFW4431M or K are they to be trusted from Ali or Ebay, and do the number of IR actually improve the visible distance at night?

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You are right, the I is for the amount of IR leds. Of course you have more light and of course more power consumption. I'm fine with the I2. Maybe you could find them on dahuatech.com because they are models for the Chinese domestic market.

Basjke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You are right, the I is for the amount of IR leds. Of course you have more light and of course more power consumption. I'm fine with the I2. Maybe you could find them on dahuatech.com because they are models for the Chinese domestic market.
I understand that more IR leds will provide more light, but does that also necessarily mean that they will beam further?

I thought, but I may be wrong of course, that to have a longer beam you would need stronger led's, not just multiply them.

If anyone should have experience with the above mentioned types, and particularly the I6, it will be appreciated.