dahua hfw-2100s image problem

harrijs

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am experiencing an image issue with this Dahua camera. I would like to know if this is a shortcoming of the camera/brand before I begin purchasing additional cameras.

In the attachment you can see what is occurring to the images that are being sent back to my nvr (zoneminder). The bottom of the image goes completely "blocked out". This is a problem when attempting to configure any record on motion.

Currently this feed is configured using h.264, 1280x960, 15ips, CBR, 1280Kbps, i-frame interval 30. Any assistance is appreciated.

The camera is running the following software version:

• [*=left]Software Version
    [*=left]2.210.0001.0.R, build : 2013-05-17

• [*=left]WEB Version
    [*=left]3.2.1.105704

Attachments

Mr-Gizmo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am experiencing an image issue with this Dahua camera. I would like to know if this is a shortcoming of the camera/brand before I begin purchasing additional cameras.

In the attachment you can see what is occurring to the images that are being sent back to my nvr (zoneminder). The bottom of the image goes completely "blocked out". This is a problem when attempting to configure any record on motion.

Currently this feed is configured using h.264, 1280x960, 15ips, CBR, 1280Kbps, i-frame interval 30. Any assistance is appreciated.

The camera is running the following software version:

• [*=left]Software Version
    [*=left]2.210.0001.0.R, build : 2013-05-17

• [*=left]WEB Version
    [*=left]3.2.1.105704
I have the same camera IPC-HFW2100, software version and web version and do not have any image distortion issues. Try fenderman's suggestion of matching the camera's frame rate to I Frame Interval. Also, increase your Bit Rate from 1280 to 4096. That should help improve quality. Here is my camera setup for reference.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

harrijs

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
After setting the bitrate 2048 and the ips and i frames to 15, everything seems to be better. When I changed the bitrate to 4096, the entire image began tearing and was not usable.

I also experimented with the two other h.264 profiles, which i assumed were h.264b(andwidth) and h.264h(igh quality). Both of these seemed to screw up zoneminder.

I believe that I will start looking into the hikvision cameras for my next purchase to see if I can avoid this "known issue".

Thanks for the assistance.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It could be the way zoneminder is handling the images. When I said known issue, i meant that Blue Iris users were complaining of this. I should have been more clear. I doubt you can see this problem in the logged in via a browser.