Dahua HFW4300S

IPconfused

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to set the correct time (internal) on the Dahua. Camera time is out of sync with real time, not by a time zone or even several. A 48 minute and a few seconds differential.
Thanks

4/26/14 00:02 Z
Awarded myself two DA stars with clusters for that one!

Last edited by a moderator:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I always found public time servers to be unreliable as they get hit by too many people.

Nearly a year ago someone over on Cam-It found a program called NetTime which acts as a smart network time client and server.

http://www.timesynctool.com/

Basically you set that up on your NVR PC and it makes sure the system time stays accurate by using multiple public time servers and it also runs a private time server of its own that you can point your cameras (or other PCs) at.

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That just doesn't make sense when any supported Windows can be setup as an NTP server, it's built-in. I've tested it and it works on my NVR PC running Win7. But I use time.windows.com without any problems.

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
True, and Windows has gotten better at keeping its time synced over the years, but configuring that NetTime app is much easier than configuring Windows' built in NTP server.

Also, you typo'd that URL.

netgar

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you resolve your issue? Because I have the same problem. Whenever I setup my time on Dahua camera I noticed that time switches to default after couple minutes. Doesn't matter if I sync with PC or NTS server.
Just tested: after 18 min time comes back to default. Very annoying.

Thank you for your respond

Does anyone know how to set the correct time (internal) on the Dahua. Camera time is out of sync with real time, not by a time zone or even several. A 48 minute and a few seconds differential.
Thanks

4/26/14 00:02 Z
Awarded myself two DA stars with clusters for that one!