Dahua HFW5202

Hbcam

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, after much trial and error I have managed to ftp a snapshot to a server where it creates a new directory for each hour then each image image.

All I need the camera to do is to FTP a snapshot with the same file name to the same directory (ie overwrite) at a set interval, is that possible?

If so please let me know the settings.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
its not possible, if you need to do that you should grab a snapshot from the camera and save it to the filename you want..

http://nvr/cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi?channel=2

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hello, after much trial and error I have managed to ftp a snapshot to a server where it creates a new directory for each hour then each image image.

All I need the camera to do is to FTP a snapshot with the same file name to the same directory (ie overwrite) at a set interval, is that possible?

If so please let me know the settings.
Can you please share how you are able to accomplish this? much thanks

Hbcam

n3wb
Reaction score
Can you please share how you are able to accomplish this? much thanks
I maintain a website (riverlandviews.com) that shows static images of parts of the River Murray at timed intervals.

Camera images are sent via FTP to the server hosting the site. iIn the Dahua - Settings/Storage/record control you set the stream, then Storage/destination you configure the ftp details for a snapshot then in storage/schedule you set the snapshot schedule I have used general. This then sends a snapshot to the server but it auto creates new directories for every snapshot. settings/Camera/video is where you set the time interval.

My problem is I need the snapshots to overwite in the same directory each time so web image is simply replaced with a new one.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
can you run your own software on your website? perhaps you can setup a cron script to fetch a camera image at your interval..

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
From all my reading, this is not possible on Dahua. You should write a script to pull an image and have that image stored in the folder for you using: http://nvr/cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi?channel=2

Hbcam

n3wb
Reaction score
CaliGirl, could not reply via private mail (have to have 5 posts), your menu choices are different to mine, but I noticed that you FTP directory address is preceded by the word share, that seems to be there by default and removing it may help.
Cheers
Heinz

Last edited by a moderator:

Hbcam

n3wb
Reaction score
Its sad that I have to change my webcam because the Dahua can nope give me what I need

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
none of em are going to do what you want, they are security cameras.. not webcams; it makes no sense to overwrite the last image saved with a new one.

now days most people just pipe the camera to YouTube so you can host full quality in all its glory:
http://docs.livestreamer.io/