Dahua/Hiki model identity?

not now....

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
20170303_131310.jpg I opened up my nvr hoping to figure out which model it is. It has 16 poe ports, the ability to have 2 hdds. The manual says that it can handle 320mbps incoming. The pics, if I understand them correctly, show 4 processors.

Is there anything else that anyone can see to help me identify which model this is? Or which features it has the potential of?

I would like to change the firmware to open up other features like adding other branded cameras with audio. Maybe, a smart camera that nayr has a thread about.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

not now....

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If this has already been addressed, links are appreciated, too.

Thanks...

not now....

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I noticed that pic in your thread, too. What does the heat sink cover? A higher operating video card?

We're you able to zoom in on the processors and notice the numbers?

not now....

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The dahua Web page lists features that make my nvr seem to be a 5216.... but maybe the heavier heat sink, which I could add, might add to it being a 4ks2 model.

not now....

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Realizing that my pics didn't show the numbers on the individual chips, I've reposted hoping that someone knows which model dvr equivalent,20170311_190840.jpg that I have.

Prime

n3wb
Reaction score
The RTL8325D is just a Realtek ethernet switch IC.
The MNC H4807CG ICs are magnetic transformers that decouple the incoming physical Ethernet connection from the NIC IC (in this case, the Realtek switch IC). Required by the Ethernet specification.
Neither are going to be deterministic.

The meaningful chip is going to be the one under the heatsink, right next to the two Samsung RAM ICs (which are 4Gb DDR3-1600).

Last edited:

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
View attachment 15824 I opened up my nvr hoping to figure out which model it is. It has 16 poe ports, the ability to have 2 hdds. The manual says that it can handle 320mbps incoming. The pics, if I understand them correctly, show 4 processors.

Is there anything else that anyone can see to help me identify which model this is? Or which features it has the potential of?

I would like to change the firmware to open up other features like adding other branded cameras with audio. Maybe, a smart camera that nayr has a thread about.

Thanks for the help.
Those 4 rectangle chips? Those are not processors. It a Ethernet transformer chips since you have 16 PoE ports. The processor is the one under the heat sink.

Bill

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score

not now....

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, and furthering my understanding!!

Is there anything else you see that might help me understand which model I have?

I'm still trying to figure out how to get audio to one camera.....without buying anything lorex branded.

Last edited:

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
This may seem to be a dumb question - but doesn't the web GUI show the model information in the System pages?
I though the same thing, but I sure can't find it anywhere. The firmware version is shown. That might be able to narrow it down to a short list of models.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
OK, here's the screenshot for a 5216-4ks2. Looking at it I realize the number of alarm I/Os might be just as useful as the firmware version. Or maybe somebody knows how to derive the model number from the serial number? Probably more useful if the OP posts this info from his system.

nvrInfo.jpg