Dahua & Hikvision RJ45 weatherproof connectors the same ?

Rollo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I currently have an outdoor Hikvision IP camera using the weatherproof connector that came with it. I'm looking to get a Dahua camera to replace it and was wondering whether the Hikvision weatherproof plug side will work a Dahua camera (i.e. the weather proof body) ?

If not I know I can cut off the rj45, put on the Dahua part and crimp on a new plug - its just a pain in the bum crimping network cables when your colour-blind so I'd like to avoid it if possible !

tommy20020

n3wb
Reaction score
Looks the same for me . I used one from my LaView camera (rebranded Hikvision ) and is exactly the same as connector inside Dahua package.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
For3 Hikvision and 13 Dahua cams that I've had, they've all been the same. Doesn't mean they haven't changed somewhere down the line.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by "male weatherproof connector", but if you're looking for the somewhat weatherproof plastic hood that's supplied with the camera, take a look at this thread. There's a link to a source in post #5.
What are these cable/RJ45 cover things called and where can I buy more?

Don't take my "I'm not sure" comment as a criticism. You'll see in the linked thread that nobody seems to know what to call these things.