Dahua I’m impressed

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Well I got this system off Andy @EMPIRETECANDY
Installed it today for my brother it was a nice and easy install
I wanted to find out about these lowlight cams first hand
All I can say is holy crap there day vision is awesome but at night we’ll
I am speechless seriously speechless I could no believe how crisp and clean the image was
Even with default settings
There pss pc nvr is a nice setup too a bit different to Hikvisions version but nice to navigate
Around
So I can honestly say for an amazing set up right out of the box these are the ticket
Now to finish off the ubiquity cloud key and switch

Attachments

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
wooo, nice install, good enough for a home system. if need a good day picture, can use IPC-HDW5631R-Z or IPC-HDW5831R-ZE, IPC-HDBW8630E-Z, lol.

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
wooo, nice install, good enough for a home system. if need a good day picture, can use IPC-HDW5631R-Z or IPC-HDW5831R-ZE, IPC-HDBW8630E-Z, lol.
Lol Andy there Day picture shits all over my 5 mp Hikvision cameras
I am really impressed
My brother was really confused as I shut the garage door down there was a little bit of light shining through the door in the garage but if you were standing in there it was dark he was looking on the iPad he saw daylight and
The iPad was showing full daylight he could not understand how that was happening
I smiled and said well everyone on the forum recommend these cameras and
There the bees knees of darkness ;)

Last edited:

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I am really impressed
I had a similar experience. I started with rebranded 4MP Hikvision cameras, and kept wondering why the image wasn't very sharp. Out of desperation I tried a couple of cheap chinese market cameras, one Dahua and one Hikvision. The Hikvision camera was even worse than what I had, while the Dahua camera blew the rest of them away in terms of image quality. I switched brands and haven't looked back since. I want to be careful to say that my comments are specific to the camera models I had and are not applicable to any others. In my opinion, Dauha also has the better NVR operation and PC client.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I am really impressed
My brother was really confused as I shut the garage door down there was a little bit of light shining through the door in the garage but if you were standing in there it was dark he was looking on the iPad he saw darkness and
The iPad was showing full colour he could not understand how that was happening
I smiled and said well everyone on the forum recommend these cameras and
There the bees knees of darkness ;)
lol, you can post more pics here to share that would be great, esp in the nighttime.

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes the Dahua pc nvr client software
Let’s you do a huge amount more than iVMS
No real need to log onto the nvr or camera web GUI it’s all there for you
First time with this brand and it won’t be my last that’s for sure

Aajjoo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes the Dahua pc nvr client software
Let’s you do a huge amount more than iVMS
No real need to log onto the nvr or camera web GUI it’s all there for you
First time with this brand and it won’t be my last that’s for sure
Thanks for sharing your impressions! I’m about to pull the trigger on a couple of IPC-HDW5231R-ZE’s along with a new nvr for my summer house setup.
Based on the praises on Ipcamtalk when it comes to Dahua and the Starlight cameras, I’m pretty sure I won’t regret it

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your impressions! I’m about to pull the trigger on a couple of IPC-HDW5231R-ZE’s along with a new nvr for my summer house setup.
Based on the praises on Ipcamtalk when it comes to Dahua and the Starlight cameras, I’m pretty sure I won’t regret it

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
ZE same as the Z one for the pics, has both models. New one has wider lens range.

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
lol, you can post more pics here to share that would be great, esp in the nighttime.
I have shown my brother how to fiddle with the camera settings so he can fine tune these in but out of the box there amazing

Attachments