Dahua IMOU camera owners, please share your information here! Thank you.

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
i have both the Turret (2MP) and the Cruiser (4MP). Both are Onvif, but only the Turret allows for local access (web) for more advance set-up (similar to any Dahua ip local interface). While contacting imou technical support, the following message:
“Currently with network access compatible camera models: Bullet Lite, Bullet Lite 4MP, New Bullet, Dome Lite. Currently, other devices do not support access via web page access.
Best blessings,
IMOULIFE support”

JonSnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
any way to add this to dmss? I have the amcrest version and was able to get it to work in BI with no issues but it sucks I can't use 2 way audio with dmss as it keeps asking to sign in, which I will not do.

I created an amcrest account with the amcrest app during initial setup for updates and not knowing about the config tool at the time. Now its on my IoT vlan which needs the config tool but still have no 2 way audio do to not being able to add to dmss and vlan not having internet.

Last edited:

goldriver

n3wb
Reaction score
if you are looking for PTZ on Imou Cruiser 4P in BI:

Here is my setup:
aaa.JPG

Not sure it is important but when I have initialised the camera via the Imou app, I made sure I entered the "Safety code" written under the camera as my password, I have read on another thread that this is the only password that the camera will accept for OnVif PTZ command so I did not take any chances to put another one in the setup

bbb.JPG

make sure you select "use another ip/port" and enter 80

Hope it works for you all

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Here is my setup:
View attachment 110011

Not sure it is important but when I have initialised the camera via the Imou app, I made sure I entered the "Safety code" written under the camera as my password, I have read on another thread that this is the only password that the camera will accept for OnVif PTZ command so I did not take any chances to put another one in the setup

View attachment 110012

Hi thanks for sharing this information,
Btw, does this method also works on
other IMOU PTZ cameras like the Ranger 2?

JonSnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
for anyone that wants to use an app for 2 way audio or video adjustments, the amcrest view pro app works just fine with this camera and is completely local.

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@goldriver, are you connected to your Imou Cruiser 4P using wireless or network cable?

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
you may use DMSS for local viewing as well, but instead of using default 37777, change to port 80. Use safety code as PW

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
the app will allow for local pan/tilt, as control for light and siren

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@eggsan Thanks for your input, but the discussion is not about DMSS.
It is about finding a working solution as to how can BI work with Imou cameras.

I know temporarily I can use its camera app to get your PTZ working.
But it would be nice if I can control PTZ movement thru BI running on my desktop PC.

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@eggsan Thanks for your input, but the discussion is not about DMSS.
It is about finding a working solution as to how can BI work with Imou cameras.

I know temporarily I can use its camera app to get your PTZ working.
But it would be nice if I can control PTZ movement thru BI running on my desktop PC.
Yes, I know. I should only reply to JonSnow, as an alternative to use also dmss, instead of amcrest

gatebland8

n3wb
Reaction score

Here is my setup:
View attachment 110011

View attachment 110012

Thankyou - these settings work on my Imou Ranger 2 (4MP) Model IPC-A42P-B. Took me a while to work out the password for "Admin" was the "Safety Code" on the bottom of the camera...

Very happy that the PTZ works via Blue Iris too

I also found on another thread to use the app "ConfigTool Mobile" - which enabled me to get rid of the "Imou" watermark overlay (Choose Show Channel Overlay and just set it to blank) and toggle encoding between x265/x264...

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Guys,

Does anyone owe an IMOU Ranger 2 (2MP) Model: IPC-A22EP?

If you do, can you please let me know whether PTZ is working by
following the instructions of: goldriver

It seems like this instruction is only working for the following IMOU models with 4MP camera sensors:
1) IMOU Ranger 2 (4MP) IPC-A42P-B
2) IMOU Cruiser SE 4MP IPC-S41FP

and NOT IMOU Ranger 2 (2MP) IPC-A22EP 2MP camera sensors
(as far as I know, I have tested on the latest version of BI v5.5.6.19 x64-3/05/2022)

I followed the same instruction(see the picture below) as @goldriver,
my 2 units of IPC-A22EP refused to work. :confused: Not even in UI3.

Note: Password = the safety code of my cameras

2022-05-07_12-26-57.jpg

2022-05-07_12-28-43.jpg

Last edited:

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thankyou - these settings work on my Imou Ranger 2 (4MP) Model IPC-A42P-B. Took me a while to work out the password for "Admin" was the "Safety Code" on the bottom of the camera...

Very happy that the PTZ works via Blue Iris too

I also found on another thread to use the app "ConfigTool Mobile" - which enabled me to get rid of the "Imou" watermark overlay (Choose Show Channel Overlay and just set it to blank) and toggle encoding between x265/x264...
Do you happen to have Blue Iris App running on your phone, does it works with the two-way talk feature?

Caspy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Here is my setup:
View attachment 110011

View attachment 110012

it worked for me but i cant get it to auto patrol.. or cycle between presets....any thoughts

Last edited:

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
it worked for me but i cant get it to auto patrol.. or cycle between presets....any thoughts
@Caspy Hi, which IMOU model is working? Is it the IPC-A42P-B
Do you mind sharing?
Thank you.

Caspy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@Caspy Hi, which IMOU model is working? Is it the IPC-A42P-B
Do you mind sharing?
Thank you.
its the cruser 4k i just copyed the example above and it worked.. i cant get it to patrol or move between presets but im thinking it might not be a function of the camera.. but maybe someone in here can help me with that,,

Last edited:

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
its the cruser 4k i just copyed the example above and it worked.. i cant get it to patrol or move between presets but im thinking it might not be a function of the camera.. but maybe someone in here can help me with that,,
Yup, IMOU crusier 4MP is fully supported in terms of PTZ controls, but not the IMOU Ranger 2 2MP(I am the owner of 4 units )
Regarding the patrol/preset, I am not sure whether this consumer-grade camera supports it or not.
You may have to contact @EMPIRETECANDY to confirm this feature.
If you did not find anything about patrol/preset on its IMOU phone app, then I think is not supported, I may be wrong here.
As far as I know from the spec. it does not support it: Imou Crusier 4MP